cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I get the ASP.NET runtime for Crystal Reports 2016?

0 Kudos

We have an ASP.NET application that must present reports that were authored in Crystal Reports 2016. We are using the "CrystalReportViewer" control. What is the correct runtime that needs to be installed on the web servers hosting our ASP.NET application in order to display these Crystal Reports 2016 reports?

Thanks!

H

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew, official link for downloading SAP Crystal Report Viewer

0 Kudos

The Crystal Report Viewer is a desktop application for viewing Crystal Reports - what I'm looking for is the runtime redistributable that ASP.NET applications need to present Crystal Reports.

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Moved your post to CR .NET forum.

On the Overview tab and on the left side there is a link to get the .NET downloads, first link is to integrate into VS 2010 or above and all other links are for deploying the runtime only.

Do not install the runtime on your DEV PC.

Don

0 Kudos

Are you referring to this page?

Can you confirm that the MSI redistributable that can be downloaded from here supports reports that were authored in Crystal Reports 2016?

0 Kudos

Yes that is the link and yes CR 2016 reports are the same as CR 2011 and 2013.

As I noted, DO NOT install just the MSI runtime on your DEV PC. Using the first link to integrate into VS.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, you can't just deploy the runtime.  You'll need to update your application using the latest version of the SDK with Visual Studio 2010 or newer.  The version of the runtime that you use MUST match the version of the SDK that was used to compile your application,

-Dell

Answers (0)