cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run time determinants of planning area back-up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is becoming an enigma of sorts. The data extraction (info package) from planning area to a PSA has been now running for over 48 hours and it appears it is not done reading and writing even 20% of the total records estimated!

All system resources are normal. Whatever performance monitors are available say all is ok. I am talking roughly 250 technical periods, bbout 60 key figures in all and about 1 million CVC's. Parallel processing profile is used and they seem to be using quite some work processes. So all good there.

Is this how pathetic the extraction of planning area data supposed to be over time?

What factors determine the run time here ?

- CVC # ?

- Key Figures ?

- Technical periods? (initialized periods in the planning area that I am extracting)

- Parallel processing? (may be to an extent)

- What else ?

I am sure this program runs in all environments with similar or much larger data (think of a firm like Nestle where this will be 10x the volume.. how does it 'work' there?).

Thanks

Lok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lok,

Can you check in your data source if below setting is enabled - Via Transaction /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR, give the planning area and Data Source being used in the process chain and Check "Data Source properties"No Extraction of Records without Key Figure Value" - This will help in avoiding the data being saved if all key-figures in the data record have value zero. This can drastically reduce records being saved.

Also check parallel processing profile being used here and block size maintained under "Specila Value for Planning Area".

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok,

zeros are already excluded.. ppp is there

Thanks

Lok

Answers (0)