Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on replication from non SAP source to SAP HANA

robert_camangon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me on. We are currently replicating from MS SQL to SAP HANA using SLT. My questions are as follows:

1) Is it possible to only replicate changes to a specific column and not replicate all the columns? I know this might cause inconsistencies but just a question posed by a developer using SLT on our company. My answer is it is not possible but someone might be able to answer if it is possible.

2) When I add a column in a replicated table from the source (SQL). How do I get this change pushed to SAP HANA? Is there a way to automate that? Or do we need to manually change in SAP HANA?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Please go through the below ans to the questions.

1. As per my understanding You cannot skip a column for replication but you can defiantly mask the table columns in tcode iuuc_repl_content

2. whenever you make any changes to the table in source system you will have to replicate the table from SLT system for below 2 reasons;

--> once you update any structure for a table the triggers on the table created by slt system will be deactivated thus the replication will not be available for that table

--> HANA system will only understand the data coming via SLT system thus it will not be aware about the structural changes done to the table thus replication for that table has to be restarted.

to restart replication of the table

login to SLT system

load the MT id for tht replication

go to table overview

click on data provisioning

give table name

select stop replication

click ok

in similar way start the replication of the tables

this restart of replication will remove the logging table and the triggeres and recreate them as per new structure in case of any changes done.

Let me know if this helps or if you need more information on this

Regards,

Amar

robert_camangon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Thanks for this. However, when I try to stop replication from SLT, I get a message saying that "Table cannot be processed as table is not in Load / Replication mode". When I try to restart, I also get the same message. Can you please let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

I may be able to help you here, is it possible for u to share the screen shot of the table overview screen fromltrc?

or can you confirm if you have completed the loading of the DD* table the three table that are loaded once tjhe configuration is completed ?

Amar

robert_camangon
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is what I get from LTRC

as for the DD tables, I can only see two DD02L and DD02T. Is there another one that is supposed to be there? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Robert,

once the replication is configured the SLT system triggeres the replication of 3 DD tables as follows:

DD02L

DD08L

DD02T

this makes sure that your hana DB is know to the strucure language and other details about the application table, please make sure that you have these table replicated.

Also can you confirm if u have applied all the required sap notes for DMIS version ... every DMIS SP level have bugs which are fixed as a part of sap notes thus applying SAP notes are imp and mandatory

Let me know if you need more information

Regards,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know if the information is useful to you.

Amar

robert_camangon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Amar, I don't see the table DD08L. As for applying the notes, can you please point me to a list of OSS notes needed for DMIS 2011_1_700 SP10? I don't remember applying any additional notes as I didn't see anything in SAP OSS related to that.

Thanks a lot.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Please go through the sAP note :

1958809 - Installation/Upgrade SLT - DMIS 2011 SP6 / DMIS 2010 SP10

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Let me know if you need more information... also if the information was useful for you or not..

Amar Ghuge

robert_camangon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Apologies for the late reply as I was snowed under some other work stuff. I have started looking into this again and working through the notes. So far, I haven't found anything that would help fix the issue but at least it gave me something to move forward troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks again for the help.

Robert