cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Webservice Creation Request for Multiple Entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem in creating multiple instances through custom built webservice on a custom object using SOAP UI.

I am able to do this creation successfully for one instance at a single time but when I tried with two or more SOAP UI is throwing a message like "Multiple Entry Creation is not Possible".

I am not sure why this is happening in this way , as far as I know we should be able to create multiple entries through SOAP UI.

DO I am doing something wrong over here.

Please correct me if I am attempting in wrong way through a wrong means of tool for this process.

Unfortunately I don't have the payload and Webservice I used for this to attach over here. I am recreating the scenario and once done with it will attach the payload.

Meanwhile if anyone knows the problem and solution for it please help me through a sample payload.

Thanks

Regards

Hanu K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanu,

If we create any custom service with create operation it will allow to create only 1 instance at a time.

if you want to create multiple instance in single request follow the below steps:

1. Create another Custom BO, and declare auto generated ID in root level and in the Item node define all your first BO structure. Item node must be in 0,n association.

2. Now create a custom web service with create operation on this custom Bo(second BO), by selecting only Item level elements(first BO elements).

Now you can create multiple instances in your custom BO (first BO).

Regards,

Shiva G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't want this way to approach because following is what currently I am doing in my custom BO

> In the Custom BO there is a root node with 6 and sub node with 1 elements.

> These fields data will be populated through the above custom web service

> In the before save of this BO the primary key of this BO is being populated (It is not coming through WS)

> rest other fields data is being used for creating a Project along with some other additional fields (some are hard-coded and some are being picked from other BO's).

> So this BO itself should support me to do this multiple records in a single call through SOAP UI.

Anyways this service URL is going to get consumed on the 3rd party system and they will loop this on their end for passing multiple records. There the current method what I am following shouldnt get any problem to execute and run the records.

Please put your points on this and if you sense any problem in the flow when it consumed on the 3rd party end please let me know the remedies to be followed. As of now I am guessing this should work with no problems.

But open for any suggestions to fine tune and minimize the errors.

Thanks

Regards

Hanu K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanumanth,

If you follow my approach, it will not disturb any of your current process It will just allow you to create multiple instances in your custom BO through SOAP UI.

U are just adding one extra root node, and this root level element ( ID)  also you are generating automatically, so no need to select this field while creating web service. It will looks same as your custom web service with 1 extra xml tag.

If you follow your approach, it is not possible to create multiple instances of your custom BO through SOAP UI.

Regards,

Shiva G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

its not problem of adding one more XML tag as you said. I would like to know will the current design of the BO or WS work for the 3rd part consumption or not for creating multiple entries not in a single call but by looping the call for n number of entries

Regards

Hanu K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanu,

With your current design it is possible to create 1 entry for 1 call, if you want to create multiple entries then yes u need to loop for n number of entries.

Regards,

Shiva G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva.

Would you also suggest on my other thread of SI Webservice. Thanks.

Answers (0)