Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Custom Webservice Creation Request for Multiple Entries

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem in creating multiple instances through custom built webservice on a custom object using SOAP UI.

I am able to do this creation successfully for one instance at a single time but when I tried with two or more SOAP UI is throwing a message like "Multiple Entry Creation is not Possible".

I am not sure why this is happening in this way , as far as I know we should be able to create multiple entries through SOAP UI.

DO I am doing something wrong over here.

Please correct me if I am attempting in wrong way through a wrong means of tool for this process.

Unfortunately I don't have the payload and Webservice I used for this to attach over here. I am recreating the scenario and once done with it will attach the payload.

Meanwhile if anyone knows the problem and solution for it please help me through a sample payload.

Thanks

Regards

Hanu K

Former Member replied

Hi Hanu,

If we create any custom service with create operation it will allow to create only 1 instance at a time.

if you want to create multiple instance in single request follow the below steps:

1. Create another Custom BO, and declare auto generated ID in root level and in the Item node define all your first BO structure. Item node must be in 0,n association.

2. Now create a custom web service with create operation on this custom Bo(second BO), by selecting only Item level elements(first BO elements).

Now you can create multiple instances in your custom BO (first BO).

Regards,

Shiva G

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question