cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order Change - New Batch Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been facing doubts regarding production order change and new batch determination.

Initial production order is created(CO01) and released having all qty of components automatically assigned to batches based on search and sort procedures(SPRO > LOGISTICS GENERAL > BATCH MANAGEMENT > ...).

Due to some circumstances, production planner has to change original qty of production order(CO02). Hence original qty of components is increased/decreased and presented on additional line above but w/o batch number assigned. Is it a commom behavior? Do I need to assign a new batch manually?

I'd appreciate any advise.

Robson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robson,

The Batch determination will depends on the Batch entry which will define in the material master MRP2 View

if the production order quantity has been increased / Decreased in that situation you have to assign the batch number through the batch determination as suggested by Brahmankar

So please select that line item and make the batch search procedure

against that quantity you can be able to select the batch number as per the FIFO process

Regards,

Venkatesh..

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the user change the quantity of component in production order in that case he has to perform the manual batch determination in production order. Or you can do the further batch determination during the good movements. If order is not release then you can release the order it will do the batch determination again.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Not sure if I can reply your answer two weeks later. However, I'd like share screenshots for better comprehension.

Production order was originally released for a total qty of 5.000 and batches assigned automatically to components.

Later, through CO02, Production Planner decreased total qty from 5.000 to 2.000.

Dialog pop-ups are shown because components qties needed were affected due to new Total qty of 2000 and make sense!

But components reqmt.qty was not refreshed w/ new quantities noticed previously.

The unique component qty updated was the last one that is not subject to batch management.

Thanks in advance if you have any information,

Robson

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could see components quantity does not adjusted for the batch manages material.

Has partial quantity is already withdrawn for this components?

Do you used any alternative item or alternative group here for components?

Have you tried the manual batch determination?

What happen if you increase the net quantity of order?

I would suggest please try the read PP master data.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Please, see answers provided below regarding each question:

Has partial quantity is already withdrawn for this components?

A: No qty has been issued from stock. MMBE shows all reqmt.qty available.

Do you used any alternative item or alternative group here for components?

A: No. There is no alternative BOM assigned in material master.

Have you tried the manual batch determination?

What happen if you increase the net quantity of order?

A: Yes I have but w/o success.

Please let me know if this is the normal behavior.

• Original qty is increased from 5000 to 7000

• In Component Overview screen, an additional line is displayed above each component subject to batch management w/ Reqmt.qty needed to attend new TotalQty changed from 5000 to 7000.
  • Exception to last one no subject to batch and Reqmt.qty was automatically refreshed.

• Clicking batch determination icon, next screen shows Split quantity field enabled for change.
  • Do I need enter the new Reqmt.qty manually?

I would suggest please try the read PP master data.

A: Master data has been checked by PP team and they confirmed Ok.

Robson

former_member261747
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

plz confirm the procedure to "Read PP Master data through CO02

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please implement SAP note  1230391 - COR2/CO02: Message CO583 by increasing order header quantity. If it does not solve this issue then raise message to SAP.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Helpful answer provided by you and Puri regarding 'read PP master data'.

New batch determination now is possible however, batches originaly assigned are cleaned from order for the new batch assignment. Is it the normal behavior? Customer's expectation is that batches originaly assigned would be kept and new one would be included just in case of component(s) stock qty available not enough.

Robson

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think this is not the standard behavior, check by implementing SAP note  1230391. If it does not solve the issue open message to SAP. All the best.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robson,

You can setup a system to get the batch determination done automatically. This means that if you increased the original quantity the batch determination will be executed again..

Check if you have batch entry = 3 in the components of your production order.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

All BOM's components are set w/ batch entry=3.

Robson