cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo Remote Assign table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are using Agentry 6.0, Smart Work Manager package for Maximo backend.

I am trying understand 'Action' column in SycloRemoteAssign table.

Can anyone please help me in understanding meaning of different values of 'Action' in Syclo|remoteAssign table?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Regards,

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhay,

Hi. The SycloRemoteAssign table is what we call an exchange table. It's pure job is to do the following:

1) Notify what objects (Work orders) are in client currently.

2) It will also host an object key (id) - example woid to indicate the key item that is being tracked.

3) It will have a timestamp (LastUpdate) that tells the backend if the items/objects (WO) is new/old or the time needs to be tracked.

4) It will also have a column called "Actions" to tell the application if you need to Add (A), Reload (R), D (Delete) an object on the device.  And if it is null it may mean that it is currently in process (The technician is working the workorder - In process).

3 main steps (see pictures below)

- A client exchange

- A server exchange

- A removal

So a SycloRemoteAssign is an exchange table see picture below.

Hope this helps.

SAP Mobile Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark.

So I am aware of the functionality of SycloRemoteassign table as exchange table. But recently we have noticed in our application that based on 'Action' value of SycloRemoteAssign table few read steps for workorder object are downloading unnecessary objects on the device.

So I was looking for meaning of each 'Action' value as for example--

'P' - This would stand for workorder ready to be pushed on the device

'A' - This would mean workorder will be added on the device in next XMIT

'R' - This would mean that workorder will be refetched in next XMIT

'D' - Would mean that workorder will be deleted from the device on next XMIT

null - Workorder is on device and in progress. So probably once workorder appears on device this particular status will be set.

I have noticed few more action values in SycloRemtionAssign table, would you have any idea on what does it means.

'X' , 'F'

Regards,

Abhay

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhay,

F for frozen.- A frozen workorder is something like somebody closed the Workorder in the backend so therefore the status Frozen is created to freeze work on the mobile device then eventually it will be deleted on the device (by Action D).

X for either complete or transfer. I can't remember off hand unless I have the application in front of me.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent. Thanks Mark.

Last question on this--

For fetch we have 3 different steps--

1. Client Exchange Steps

2. Server Exchange Steps

3. Removal Steps

My understanding regarding the sequence of execution of above 3 steps are as below. Can you please let me know if my understanding is correct?

A fetch starts with 1.Client Exchange Steps where Sycloremoteassign table is update based on status of object on device. This is followed by 2. Server Exchange Steps where Sycloremoteassign table is updated and object is downloaded or reloaded if required and last step is 3.Removal Steps, here objects from Client and Sycloremoteassign table are deleted.

Thanks,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhay,

You are almost correct, part 3 (Removal Steps) The object ID are pull down to delete the clients objects, but the Syclo Remoteassign table isn't cleared at this point. The SycloRemoateAssign is cleared at the start of Step one, right before the client updates the table with the objects that are on the client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Client Exchange Steps

a. Delete the current rows for the current user
b. Insert recorders for each one Wo on the client

2. Server Exchange Steps (don't remember the full order but it is close)
a. Update the Syclo Remote Assign table with new records for the user
b. Update the current records if they need to be download because of a change in the backend
c. Update current records for wo that need to be removed from the client
d. Download all orders that are new or updated

3. Removal Steps
a. Download ID for orders that need to be removed.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhay,

I noticed our SAP partner Steve answered your follow up question.

@Steve - thanks.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark and Steve.

The information was really helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

Regard,

Abhay

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer (closes, but does not lock the Discussion) and Helpful Answer where appropriate. See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be. 

Do not use Assumed Answered as it confuses anyone looking for the specific answer.  If you dig into the Getting Started link (top right of each SCN page), you are only instructed to mark Helpful or Correct Answers to Discussion responses. 

Thanks, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG