cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having two or more grids one after another in Sub Report - Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

votefavorite

I am having a crystal report with 2 sub-reports one below another. In one of the sub-report, I have 3 data sources, linked via 3 common properties, hence I have created a grouping based on the said properties. My issues is, I need to display 3 grids in total one below another (corresponding to 3 data sources) as in the image (in this example the grouping is based on CustomerID):

Please do let me know how to go about implementing the same as we cannot have nested sub reports.

Thanks, Sid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Here's what you need to do :

1) I believe you've already created the 'Customer Details' part and that it displays correctly as in the example above.

Insert a Crosstab and place it on the Report Footer a section.

Use the ItemName field as the Row and the ItemQty field as the 'Summarized field'.

Go to the Crosstab Expert > Format the GridLines and remove the ones you don't need.

2) Insert another Crosstab on Report Footer b.

This time use the 'BackorderItemId' as Row and the BackorderQty field as the Summarized field.

Format the Gridlines as needed.

3) For the section headers, you can insert multiple Report Footers between these crosstabs and place a text object above them.

Hope this helps.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilash,

Your input solved the grouping and displaying of data, but there is an issues that i am facing:

1. The data in main grid i.e. "Customer Details" is now duplicating/repeating for each row in the cross tab grid.

Please do let me know how to go about resolving them.

Thanks!

Sid

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'd need to revisit the 'Joins' in the subreport to resolve duplication.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I should have been more informative. I am binding the data via objected (through data tables for each report). So as in my example, I will have 3 data sources i.e

1. CustomerDetails

2. CustomerItems

3. CustomerBackOrder

All these datasource/classes are linked via "CustomerID" property. Further, they are grouped in the crystal report based on same property as well.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Move the data in the 'Customer Details' from Detail Section to the Group Header/Footer.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

After moving to group footer, instead of showing a list of rows, its just showing a single row.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to Group by the Customer ID.

Could you also attach a screenshot of how the report looks?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is grouped based on CustomerID. It was working as desired till i added the CustomerDetail and CustomerBackorder cross tabs.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you attach a screenshot of the subreport's design page and preview page please?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilash for all the help.

I was able to suppress the duplicated records using below formula:

{Customer.CustomerID} = Previous({Customer.CustomerID}) AND RecordNumber > 1

Answers (0)