Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW CE - Sneak Preview - Open SQL & Dictionary Projects

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

With SAP NW CE Sneak Preview we have the possibility to create Dictionary projects and thus use Open SQL.

I created a new database user and also was able to create a standalone datasource for this user with sql engine = open_sql using the DBPOOL shell commands.

Now i am not sure:

1. How can i ensure that tables created using dictionary projects get deployed in this new schema and not the default which is SAPCE1DB in my case.

2. How can use these tables (in dictionary projects) in my EJB 3.0 project where i have created my entities. In NWDS 7.0 the Entity Bean editors were able to read the metadata from the tables which were defined in the dictionary projects. I believe the Entity Bean project had to reference the relevant dictionary project. Is this also possible with CE NWDS. Or we need to first deploy the dictionary project and then create a DB connection from CE NWDS and then generate entities.

Please do provide your suggestions.

Regards

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

OpenSQL works only with the system DB schema. Therefore, answer to your question 1 is: there's no way to do that.

In addition, you can use OpenSQL only through the system datasource. To do that, you just need to define a detasource alias to the system datasource.

Custom datasources can be used only with native or vendor sql.

To your question 2: as far as I know, the only way (in this trial) to map your entity to the dictionary tables is using the corresponding JPA annotations. Of course, you should deploy the dictionary project beforehand..

Hope that helps!