cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling Batch attributes in to new batch with formatted search

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer is a metal fabricator and uses batch control on all items.  We have defined User Defined Fields on the Batch to store critical information about each batch based on industry standards, such as width, temper, alloy and thickness.  When doing a receipt document (Goods Receipt PO, AR Credit Memo, etc.) the customer adds information to the UDFs on the document line.  We would like this entered info to pull through to the Batches Setup screen so we don't need to re-enter the same information.

I'd like to create a formatted search to pull this information from the GRPO main document into the Batch Setup screen.  I've read from other postings that the SBDR table is just a virtual table and doesn't store data and my attempts to pull data such as PDN1.U_Itm_Width into OBTN.U_Itm.Width have not been successful.  I either end up getting a blank finder screen from my query or a screen with lists of widths.  I haven't hit on the correct syntax to grab the specific width from the specific line from PDN1.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the syntax for my formatted search query that would allow me to pull this information correctly?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Claudia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We manage batch numbers on every transaction.  The Goods Receipt transaction in question has not been entered yet so the batch is not created.  I suspect there is not a way to pull the information from the document line through to the Batch creation form as the record doesn't exist yet.

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That would be correct Claudia, unless you have the B1UP add on which allows you to scrape & store values from the form for later use?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried a number of queries including:

Select T0.U_ITM_WIDTH

from PDN1 T0

Where T0.ItemCode = $[SBDR.ItemCode]  (no results)

Select T0.U_ITM_WIDTH

from PDN1 T0

Where t0.ItemCode = $[OBTN.ItemCode]  (no results)

where t0.ItemCode =$[$OBTN.ItemCode] (internal error)

where t0.ItemCode =$[$SBDR.ItemCode] (internal error)

where t0.ItemCode = $[$35.5.0] (this pulls a batch width but not from the PDN1 line)

I think I've tried a few others but I've overwritten them while testing.

Is it possible to pull the info from the line that hasn't been committed yet?

Thanks!

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you managing batch numbers on every transaction, or just on issue? (I.e. when does the batch get created?)

You may need to link ItemCode AND DistNumber AND INDate to get a single POR record, so you may need to use the table that stores the batch transactions (OBTA?) to find the correct POR doc entry to get your data from

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post what you have tried?