Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new item categories for SAP WM Implementation

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client is going for SAP WM implementation,they are already using SAP for MM SD,FICO modules.Since we need to activate the relevant for picking indicator for WM picking, there other companies and plants which are non warehouse managed are affected if we set this indicator for the item category.

since other plants use the same item categories.

Is there any way to resolve this issue without creating new item categories for outbound delivery for SAP WM.can we use the existing item categories for SAP WM also.

Regards

Govind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I personally don't think that item category should be a problem. what is the test result you are getting when the item category is picking relevant and one of the plant and storage location is WM managed and another is not.

What result are you getting

WM steps depend on the assignment of plant + storage location assignment and not only on item category

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The existing materials in all Plants are using same item category group based on which they share single item category for all the Plants.These item category contain relevant for picking

un checked,

When we are implementing the SAP WM for only one plant and use the same item category, we cannot do the picking, hence we changed it to relevant for picking.

Now all the existing plants need to maintain the pick qty in the delivery before doing PGI.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are right that is standard SAP behavior, in that case only solution is that you can look for custom item category.

However as a best practice it is always advisable to update the picking quantity in delivery even if it is only IM managed. so in my opinion business should accept it as it is more system controlled however it totally depend upon your internal company process and policy

0 Kudos

Hello,

As I understand, it depends if you have the link between MM and WM.

You have to put the link MM-WM in SPRO only for the storage location whitch need to use WM picking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to have different item category to meet picking and non-picking relevancy. So you should create one new item category.

br

kamlakar