cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples That Compare SAP GUI to Fiori on a Particular Task

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is difficult to find examples that compare a particular task in an older SAP GUI screen with a new Fiori screen that was created to simplify the UX for that task.  Where can I find such examples that we can more tangibly demonstrate them to our users?  We can certainly talk to our users about UX simplification conceptually, but pictures of old SAP GUI versus a new Fiori on a particular task would be better.  I was hoping that the Fiori Apps Library would, for each app, reference the SAP GUI equivalents for the tasks it facilitates, but I do not see that information there.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I came across these examples a while ago which are quite interesting, they show side-by-side GUI vs. Fiori comparisons for 5 common tasks.

https://experience.sap.com/basics/experience-transformation-sap-fiori-ux/

Hth,

Simon

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

We do tend to see this comparisons at a high level in UX strategy presentations.  However I am guessing you are looking for something more specific. 

Yes this is something that is good to do for your particular scenario, and something we might do on a project. Often the original screenshots hold data that is customer sensitive... so we don't publish these as a rule.  It's a good idea... though we would need to add the Persona and Points of View to make it meaningful.

If you want to create something to demonstrate this to your users, I would suggest using one of the apps on the Fiori Demo Cloud Edition.  SAP Fiori, Demo Cloud Edition

Make sure it is a scenario that is relevant to *your* business users ... or it's just noise to them. Compare it to what you would have to do on your site.  Try to pick something they do a lot... it's very hard to get people excited about something they do only a few times a year (e.g. most people do leave requests less than once a month... so not interesting). 

For example:

If people travel, then My Travel Requests  or My Travel and Expenses are good examples

Check Price and Availability is good if they work with stock, etc.

Rgds,

Jocelyn