cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Service - ABAP Dataflow Paramters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have anyone ever encountered issue when using parameters within ABAP dataflow query (WHERE Clause) but in ABAP, the length of the characters received is less than what was set in Data Service?

An example is that a parameter have a varchar(1000) and the parameter in the ABAP extract program is CHAR(1000) but for whatever reason, only the first 45 characters are sent to ABAP program?

There don't seem to be much article/forum on this sort of scenario

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.The value truncated problematically before reaching the ABAP data flow or

2.Check if the ABAP program is latest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magesh

Thanks for replying - ad tried that - the ABAP program is certainly the latest and I ran the program in SAP with the same parameters value and this work fine.  h

When doing the same value via Data Service, I was able to debug the same program in SAP and was able to see that only the first 45 characters are being received for some reason.

As for whether the value is truncated programmatically, not sure how one can check this as we cannot use script in dataflow/abap dataflow otherwise I would have used it to output the value but I have checked that they are all of the same datatype/length.

One thing I did tried to do is to review the batch job (SM36) generated via BODS but the batch job does not reveal any parameter value being attached but we know something is being passed as if I pass a parameter value less than 45 characters it work fine but anything more than that then an exception is raised via SAP due to incomplete values.

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you place a script before the ABAP data flow and print the value of the variable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doubt it - basically I have a job with a script (that set the value) and a dataflow (using the Call to pass the variable to the parameter).  The print statement via script show the correct parameter value.  In the dataflow, this contain the ABAP dataflow, query and target table.  Within this dataflow, it does not permit a script so therefore it not possible to see the value of the parameter (The ABAP dataflow also have a parameter set against and the value of this is set to the value of the first dataflow's parameter.

Hope this make sense - there does not seem to be a way to finding out the value of the parameter in between dataflow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the cause, it was the ABAP Variant where parameters are saved and this is restricted to 45 characters

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share some more details on this? Whether the variant definition can be amended and possibly one or two screenshots of the corresponding ABAP and BODS screens?

R

Answers (0)