cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add/Delete delivery of already planned shipment

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have business case in which the user should be able to add/remove delivery on already planned shipment. The standard SAP functionality is not allowing this due to the leg determination during the planning. In the case this is not affected by the planning. Is there a way this restriction to be overcome? Modification and clearing of i_xvttk-stdis in LV56EF01?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add/remove deliveries in a shipment when the truck is still physically in the plant, so the maximum status could be loading started at that point in time.

If you have to change what is going to be loaded and delivered, this also affects the time to ship the products and potentially (with certain transport optimization products) the time and needed equipment to unload at the customer's site, so it makes sense to adjust planning.

Anyway, you can still change the dates/times in the shipment (at least in my sandbox it is possible).

If your client uses some dates in the shipment for other purposes - e.g. populating z-tables or sends messages to external systems at certain shipment status, it is a bit tricky, but is probably manageable.

If you just need to short-pick some of the delivery items, this is also possible with an exit adjusting delivery quantity to the picked quantity and thus deleting or reducing part of the items at loading end. Then you can decide what to do with the remaining goods - leave them in the warehouse or transport them separately.

ognian_kalaydjiev4
Participant
0 Kudos

I can give you example why it is needed.For example  after truck leaves the plant, there is unknown returns during the shipment preparation phase in customers and when truck reach customer  the driver should get new delivery for return and this returns should be added to shipment. For achieve this I am currently resetting all statuses add new delivery and reset them in program  using bapi which is not always correct.

Cheers Ognian

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For such scenario in DSD there are on-delivery returns  and also returns without a preceding document, it is even possible for the driver to create them with a mobile device when he is at the client's site.

What SAP does, is that the new return delivery in case 1 and the new return order and return delivery in case 2 are not included the shipment (VTTP), but are part of the DSD tour, so no impact on transportation planning.

I wonder if you can reuse some of the ideas from there instead of reversing shipment statuses.

I have seen in one company a custom solution as a very lean DSD.

Unfortunately something like that also leads to some changes in transport cost calculation - so it is possible that the client could not afford a bigger budget.

ognian_kalaydjiev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

In our case scenario we have to take something which is unknown from the beginning, Like  return I already mention or like special stages which occurs for example when driver receives money above certain amount and he has to go to bank. I such cases new stage will be added which leads to reset of shipment . Further more  there is possibility to add real stage with no stock in it like go to client and take money. So shipment is not static but more or less dynamic route.

Cheers Ognian

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I remember, in DSD (I am not working with the solution right now), there was an option for the driver to add unplanned visits from a mobile device to the tour, record odometer readings, perform visits for activities like surveys (no stock involved) etc.

If your client is happy with the current solution and does not require additional features or more transparency in the processes, then investing in add-ons or in expensive development projects will not add business value.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any particular reason why the user cannot reverse the planning completed status, add/remove the delivery and plan again?

0 Kudos

Yes. To be able to reverse the planning completed status, all subsequent statuses should also be reversed and posted again. With this reverse/re-post all statuses dates and times are also changed which is changing the history. For example last minute decision of the customer to split the delivery in two because 2 delivery places will result of change of all posted dates for loading start/end, check in and etc.