cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoscript question

Former Member
0 Kudos

A)   dw_bisn.setitem( row,"product_type", product_type);

B)  tabpage_main.tabpage_engineering.tabpage_eng1.tabpage_eng_bom.dw_bisn.setitem( row,"product_type", product_type);

the 2 lines above are identical considering where the script is located. However the only way to get autoscript to function is by using "B" Is there a mechanism to allow autoscript yo function while type just "A"

As you can see if I am stuck with "B" this will be a pain in the butt. On my nested tab pages.

Thanks

TPS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom;

Autoscript should guide you through the nested controls. For example ...

tabpage_main.tabpage_engineering.tabpage_eng1.tabpage_eng_bom.dw_bisn

My Example:

IDE: Script on Window ... (actual IDE interaction screen capture just now):

Note: Autoscript guided me all the way through the nested controls starting with "THIS."

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It does do that but it is a pain to have to click upteen levels deep. Also, I then need to delete all the redundant objects since I do not like seeing a ton of added stuff. For me it makes the scripts more difficult to read.

So I guess it is the only way to go about. I was hoping that there would be some setting. The compiler knows that the short version is in scope I was hoping autoscript would also know that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahhh - OK .. try this:

DataWindow     lo_dw

lo_dw   = tabpage_main.tabpage_engineering.tabpage_eng1.tabpage_eng_bom.dw_bisn

lo_dw.SetItem (xxxxx)

lo_dw.SelectRow ( )

lo_dw.SetColumn ( )

lo_dw.<whatever>

lo_dw.

lo_dw.

Is that what your looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That workaround will work for me.

Thanks

TPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, IMHO this is really PB being more strongly data typed and encapsulated than many other development tools. It really forces you to think about how you reference objects around you and in other encapsulated classes near you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm glad that will work for you Tom!   

Please mark the question as answered if this is solution is OK for you.