Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Audit - User Traffic for BI Launchpad

former_member299158
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are on BI 4.1 SP7 currently and have Audit enabled on the server. I am looking at a few out of the box Audit reports but don't see a report that will show me the number of users logging in to BI Launchpad. Please note our users also have Webi Rich Client installed on their machines so the report needs to be able to differentiate between the two applications. Any ideas?

-Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Did you check if Matthew Shaw has created any report (in his blog package) to support your requirement?

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

Matthew_Shaw
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks Mohboob for referencing my blog that provides a new Universe and Web Intelligence documents for Auditing the BI Platform Unlock the Auditing database with a new Universe and Web Intelligence Documents for BI4.1

Indeed, you can fulfill this requirement with my Audit Universe. In particular, just use any of the pre-built documents and make use of these pre-defined filters:

The description for the object 'Sessions with Application Type ?' is:

All the events of a session where at least one event used a particular Application Type. The Application Type is a parameter.

Application types include: BI LaunchPad, SAP BusinessObjects Mobile, CMC etc.

This is helpful to gain insights into the use of a particular Application Type.

I'm aware there's a requirement to compare the use of sessions that use BI LaunchPad and say, SAP BusinessObjects Mobile. I've yet to build the queries/documents to do this, as a small edition to the universe is required.

Regards

Matthew

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may need to build custom report.

User, object type, action type, event type, application.

Check existing auditing reports you review and play around with those report.