cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP - Manipulating the ATP Quantity

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been trying to reduce the ATP Quantity by the EG Category (DEP:CONRl ) orders at the source location so Distribution Demand (confirmed) orders reduce what is available(ATP). I've tried manipulating the ATP category groups AND tried different settings on the Scope of Check ( 'Incl.Rel.orders reqs' settings) but I don't seem to be affecting the change I require. Can anyone advise what I'm missing or point me at some info to help make this topic clearer.

Thanks

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

I am a bit confused.  'Incl. rel.orders.req' is a phrase from ECC.  Are you conducting availability checking in ECC or in SCM?

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Apologies, here is AC03 view:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Your DEP:ConRl is definitely reducing the ATP quantity.  If that object did not exist, your ATP qty would be much higher.

A contributing factor to your 'high' ATP quantity are those old Purchase Orders.

You probably should consider doing something about those Purchase orders which were expected to be received in 2011, 2012, and 2013.  I don't know much about your vendors, but for vendors I have dealt with, if 5 years goes by and they haven't sent the goods yet, they probably aren't ever going to send the goods.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the reply, this is the Development environment so there is plenty of junk kicking around. I'll do some clean up and retest to see if I can get a more sensible test bed.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos

I've returned to my favourite topic

After much clean-up and retest I have discovered that not my DEP:CONRl do indeed now downdate the ATP Quantity figure but only AFTER I run the Deployment BOP. This is in contrast to Sales Orders which downdate the ATP Quantity as they arrive in APO. This is the extra step I need to achieve for DEP:CONRl orders. Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos

Apologies for not being clear, how the Dist.Demand is created less important, regardless of it being created manually/through heuristics/deployment or to satisfy a sales order it should downdate the ATP quantity. Currently the ATP quantity is not considering what is about to be deployed so we 'could' over promise by (in this example) by 288 should an order come in and see an ATP of 391 not 103. Hope this clarifies a little.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

OK, you are talking about Sales order availability checks.  This narrows our focus.

I had asked you to show me the Availability Overview and Scope of check, requirements tab.  You can do this in APO in lieu of CO09 in ECC.  /SAPAPO/AC03.  Select rule A (since we are talking about Sales ATP).

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi, I've picked up the same scope of check from the product view, hope this is ok:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

It appears that you have also included Purchase Orders (supply elements) in your scope of check. I hope you realize that those Purchase Orders will generally INCREASE your ATP quantity.

The screen shot is OK, but was only half of what I asked for.

Now, I need to see the /SAPAPO/AC03 screen shot, detailed view, which includes the object that are vexing you (EG/DEP:ConRl).  You may want to eliminate the planning book from any further displays you post here.  It is taking up screen real estate, and planning information is mostly irrelevant to ATP.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

The availability check takes place in APO. I've confused the issue by looking at ECC options as well as APO. The requirements is fairly simple, the ATP quantity in the product view of APO should be reduced by the quantity on  EG category orders at the source location(so they can't promise against something else). Simply maintaining the ATP Check Control: Scope of Check in APO isn't giving the behaviour I expected.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Your problem areas are a bit vague.  Are you experiencing the issue when checking availabilty of a Sales Order?  Of a Sales Delivery? Of the components of a Production order?  The source of a Stock Transport order?  Or....?

Determine the checking rule for the business process in question.  In ECC, execute CO09 against a Material, using this checking rule. (in APO this is called Business Event).  Select 'single records, and then display a screen shot of the result, showing where the EG (DEP:ConRl) requirement in question is being displayed.  Next, on the same screen, click Scope of check and select the requirements tab.  Post a screen shot of this as well.

Best Regards,

DB49