Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to differentiate local and global variables/filters in BW BEx

surendra_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created BEx Query, it's contain one global variable/filter and 4 variables of type customer Exit.

I written code for customer Exit variables and the value for variable is also populating but the data is not displaying as per customer exit variables.

Explanation:

Suppose if i pass value to global filter variable (cal year/month) = 201504 the value for customer exit here month is 4 so it is 2nd Quarter so i need to display data for total 2nd Quarter i.e from month 4 Th to 6th .

so the customer variable of type Interval/range ...value is 201504 to 201506 this value is populating but in the restriction key figure data is not displaying .

Here problem is due to Global variable filter the local customer exit variable values data is not displaying in the report.

Please help me ,Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Surendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so the customer variable of type Interval/range ...value is 201504 to 201506 this value is populating but in the restriction key figure data is not displaying .

how are you restricting this key figure? can you share the screen shot?

surendra_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

I have 4 customer exit variables like as below i restricted key figure with customer exit variable.

like as below i restricted kf with exit variable. similarly for all Quarters.

while executing Query in RSRT, i am getting report like for all Quarters

But Information of the report value for customer exit variable as per my requirement.

My requriement is only the corresponding Quarter data need to display at repot level. For variable I am passing Nov 2005 ,In this Nov means 4 Qrter so in 4th Qrter data only need to display.

Please Check it, Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

in that case, you only need one restricted key figure with one customer exit variable.

you have to use if else in customer exit

if user input value is = 1

then compute range to first quarter

else if user input value = 2

then second quarter

similarly 3 and 4.

surendra_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Thanks for your replay

You answers is fine,when user entering the value for Quarter but here the user is entering date i.e calyear/month(YYYYMM) from this date value we have to seperate MM  and check condition using IF---ELSEIF---.

If MM = 01 OR 02 OR 03 -----Q01

If MM = 04 OR 05 OR 06 -----Q02

If MM = 07 OR 08 OR 09 -----Q03

If MM = 10 OR 11 OR 12 -----Q04.

I am using one kf that is purchase order value for this based on user entering date value i have to display data in particular Quarter for kf-- PO Value .

Anyway Once again thanks .

Regards

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh yeah, that's what i meant in my previous thread , but messed up with if else.. didn't realize

anyway good to hear you were able to achieve it, you can close this discussion.

surendra_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok ,Thanks jyothi.

Regards

Surendra

Answers (0)