Macro calculation and kf copy to another kf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a macro which calculates

KF1 + KF2 = KF3.

KF 3 + KF 4 = K5 .

KF5 copied to KF6 for KPI Requirements.

We are some times facing issue for 2 sku in Macro calculation of KF 3 + KF 4 = K5.

K5 is not being copied to KF6 only for only 2SKU

Issue is with only 2 sku's. Ran consistency check but couldn't find any errors.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your macro is working for all other products but missing only for 2 products means these products are missing some of the conditions which has been defined in the macro.

You can try to deburg the APO marco using macrobuilder. Please also refer the following link

3-3. Technical Information about Macro - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

Please let us know if this information helps you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanq for the reply, I have marked 2 periods where in kf 5 sum of kf 3 + kf 4 is not showing. If we see the period of Apr- value = 14028. Macro was calculated fine and value showing in KF 5 as14028. However when checked the backup cube ( after every planning cycle backup is taken to cube), I have noticed that 14028 in Consensus forecast showing as "0"

Is it a problem with Macro or any other reason ? Our Macro has no restrictions or conditions. Its very simple Macros 

Macro 1 : KF1+KF2= KF3

Macro 2 : KF3+ KF4 = KF5

KF 5 is copied to kf6 via ts copy in job by end of planning cycle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Couple of things from my side,

1. Your macro is running only from cal months May-2016 onwards, so it would not get calculated for past month which I think has been highlighted buckets. It could be earlier you don´t had KF3 value filled earlier due to which KF5 has appeared as zero and now the respective bucket is not coming into you iterations hence unable to calculate it. Please check your macro iterations and correct them accordingly.

2. Consensus forecast showing as "0" in backup cube also proves the above explanation, so please review also KF3+ KF4 in back up cube.

I hope this will help you to answer the questions. Please close the thread according to

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Macro runs fro future 18 months.

KF for adjustments will be available for future months only. Past + current month will be grayed out.

In the screenshot shared dec and feb periods were highlighted. So values entered in dec period are entered in Nov and Macro ran in Nov. same way values in feb were entered in Jan and macro is ran in default and background jobs too.. Unable to check job log for dec and feb as logs were already deleted.

Coming to current issue...last grayed out period is april KF5 = 14028. Checked the macro job log and couldn't find any error. However 14028 is not copied to kf 6 nor not showing in backup cube.

Planning is completed by 13th of every month and kf's are freezed from editing. Backup is taken on 19th of every month. Value 14028 for kf 5 is showing in PB but not showing in Backup cube.

Also checked kf copy log, no error found.

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Might be very silly question but can you check KF5 is deined as Auxilary key figures

Check if you see KF5 in MSDP_ADMIN.

Auxilary key figures are used when u want to perform some calculations and store for temporary basis.Use it again to display the final key figure.Mostly auxilary key figures are used in macors and in statistical forecsting techniques.

For ex:

U have to calculate total demand for forecast +  corrected forecast + additional forecast. Then u use this key figure as total demand and use for further calculations.

Thanks

AMOL

Former Member
0 Kudos

KF5 is a simple key figure. As I said, issue is identifed only for 2 sku's. Its working healthy for rest.

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have ran data base consistency check via OM17.

I have noticed some inconsistency and corrected the same.

Sharing the screenshots. Could you help me find out what are those GUID for live cache ? How to I know or identify if those GUID belong to sku I was referring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It´s difficult to identify these GUID but you can correct them using the option from OM17 and check if it helps to solve your problem.

Thanks

Amol