cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning message handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When executing a transaction we are displaying a warning message in the back end. When this transaction code is moved to persona's and whenever a warning message is encountered, the control of the program is coming back to persona's screen just after message statement. Ideally the warning message should display message and then continue processing, but this is not the case with persona's version.

Can some one throw some light on this if they have come across earlier.

Thanks,

Ravi G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I wouldn't say I entirely understand the scenario, just a couple of things come to mind.

First, warning messages always require a manual action such an an ENTER press. Why would you expect the processing to continue after the warning without any confirmation action? That would be a success message.

Second thing is: how does the transaction behave when you are running it in the webgui? Personas won't behave differently and has no control over the webgui flow. Are you saying that when you are running the transaction using Personas, it doesn't match the processing flow of webgui?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

You are right we need to press enter for the warning message. When we do that in backend GUI it works fine, but in persona's version even pressing enter on warning message does not progress further.

Thanks,

Ravi G

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You still didn't say what happens when the transaction runs in the webgui, with no Personas flavor active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

When run in the webgui on warning message, when we click on enter it moves with further processing.

Ideally persona's should behave in the same way.

Thanks,

Ravi G

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Unless you are using some screen event scripting OR your flavor probbaly is not taking care of mandatory fields, personas alone will not alter the screen flow.

I suggest you review your flavor.

Regards,

Sushant