cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Webdynpro Component Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm a newbie to ABAP Webdynpro development. Recently I learned about webdynpro component enhancement. But I'm unable to understand what exactly is the practical use of enhancing an standard component? In webdynpro most of the components are user developed, so we can just change the code without having to create enahncement implementation. As for FPM, all our needs can be met via configuration. Have you come across any scenario where you has to enhance a standard component?

Thanks,

Sarif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarif,

There are lots of standard objects from SAP which are webdynpro ABAP object. It is very common in SAP GRC,SRM, CRM etc to have sap enhancement implemented to have an additional screen element or to have an additional logic of validation as a preexit or post exit method.

you would need the overwrite method to skip the standard logic and write your own logic.

For instance in SRM, Shopping cart template, PO template, confirmation screens are all implemented in webdynpro abap . so any change you would require on these screen have to be implemented via enhancement(if configuration doesnt fulfill your requirement).

In usual ECC system , many of the component may be custom developed (depeding on your project again), So as you said you can directly change on the component.

Answers (0)