Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW CE - Sneak Preview - Issue with Reference Application

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the SAP NE CE Sneak Preview version. I was reading through the Reference Application Documentation.

I followed the steps to set up application users as has been described in the relevant section of the PDF. However when i click the upload button i am getting errors stating either "User does not exist" or "Group/Role" does not exist. The message Update Failed occurs all the time.

I have checked the box "Overwrite existing data".

Please do let me know how I can solve this.

Thanks and Regards

Sidharth Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I had the same problem as yourself, i.e. trying to import the files would generate messages that the user does not exist. It seems to assume that if you want to overwrite the entries that they must already exist. So I tried importing without the "Overwrite existing data" checkbox selected and the users were created. A bit counterintuitive (possibly a bug?). Anyway, the remaining two files imported cleanly as well.

As a follow up I tried re-importing the files with the overwrite set. The group and role files came in, however the users had some other issue. I'm not too worried about this as the users came in correctly during the initial import.

Give that a whack and please feedback to the community if that works for you as well.

Thanks,

GM-A

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just a hint from our side that may be useful for you (:

Did you keep the correct sequence of uploading the files as described in the documentation?

Here is the exact text:

"Make sure you upload them in the following order:

a.user_employee_itelo.dat

b.group_employee_itelo.dat

c.role_employee_itelo.dat"

Kind regards,

Ivan Stoyanov

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Yes that is the first thing the i took care of.

Regards

Sidharth

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Yes, George Martin-Abel is right. This is an omision in the documentation. The "Overwrite existing data" <b>must not </b> be checked when importing the <b>users</b>. However, it <b>must</b> be checked for the <b>roles</b> as one of the roles already exists in the UME.

Thanks to George for spreading the experience!

Cheers,

Vladimir