Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Party,Business System & EDISeparator in B2B Scenarios

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Started with my developments in ANSI X12 EDI Transactions.

There are few doubts mentioned below -

OUTBOUND

(Paty? or no Party)|ECC Business System --> PI --> Party|Business Component

We will have a party for the Landscape of our client. But, when I am giving the party with the business system, I am unable to trigger the IDoc from ECC system. Getting the below error -

So, do we require a party or not? If yes, do we need to do some settings in ECC?

INBOUND

Business Component -->PI -->(Paty? or no Party)|(EDISeperator Common)Business Component(Dummy Flow, for all the inbound interface)

(Paty? or no Party)|(EDISeperator Common)Business Component -->PI --> ECC Business System

In this,

1) Do we need a business system or business component for EDISeparater adapter. Which is preferable and why?

2)Is party required or not? As flow will increase if we keep party.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wherever you need an AS2 channel for communication beyond your firewall, see to it that it is tied to a Party representing your Business Partner. Does not matter if the AS2 channel is sender or receiver. Its as simple as that.

SM.

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

kindly refer the below link for sample b2b scenario.

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please confirm on my conclusion, is there any risk in this approach?

Thanks,

Nidhi

ShivaPrasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

For inbound cases we need to create two  ICO's the flow will be

partner--->EDI receiver (files get splitted based on ST segments)

EDI sender----> ECC( IDoc's will be posted)

in order to post the IDOC's than we need to maintain partner profiles in ECC and that corresponding value should be mapped in PI

konrad_thalheim3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nidhi,

for your outbound scenario:

Nidhi Srivastava wrote:

OUTBOUND

(Party? or no Party)|ECC Business System --> PI --> Party|Business Component

We will have a party for the Landscape of our client. But, when I am giving the party with the business system, I am unable to trigger the IDoc from ECC system. Getting the below error -

So, do we require a party or not? If yes, do we need to do some settings in ECC?

You do not require a party. ECC to PI/PO communication via standard settings work without party - as you create a business system within your SLD and import it to your Integration Directory.

So your communication configuration will look like ECC_BS -> Party|BC

Nidhi Srivastava wrote:

INBOUND

Business Component -->PI -->(Paty? or no Party)|(EDISeperator Common)Business Component(Dummy Flow, for all the inbound interface)

(Paty? or no Party)|(EDISeperator Common)Business Component -->PI --> ECC Business System

In this,

1) Do we need a business system or business component for EDISeparater adapter. Which is preferable and why?

2)Is party required or not? As flow will increase if we keep party.

Please suggest.

1) You are free to use a BS or a BC for your EDI Separator. I prefer to use a BC as I am free to use dummy interfaces for my EDI messages. E.g. I receive X.12, Edifact and Odette messages and I forward them to a common EDI Separator business component with a single dummy interface and a single edi separator receiver channel.

You can use any BC/BS with a edi separator receiver channel.

2) It depends on your scenarios. If you use the edi separator sender channels for starting points of your configuration, you will have to use something like parties. E.g. Business Components named like your edi partners, e.g. *|BC_WALMART or *|BS_General_Motors.

You are free to organize your edi landscape at your needs.

In my scenarios I use the parties to determine the incoming edi messages by the edi separator channels.

Kind regards

Konrad

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konrad,

Thanks for your response.

Please confirm on my understanding below -

1) For outbound scenarios, we are not going to use party at sender side. Only at the receiver side, we will be using party to send it to various customers.

2) For inbound scenario, we are having one dummy flow and one actual flow.

No party involved in dummy flow.(BC_AS2_Sender_Common -->PI -->BC_EDISeparator_Common)

No party involved in actual flow.(BC_EDISeparator_Common -->PI --> ECC Business system)

Infact in inbound scenario, no party involved at all?

Please advice if my understanding is correct.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

We have done the same regarding #1 but for #2 we have separate party based AS2 channels on the inbound side.  The reason for that is because each partner will have different certificates and require different settings for MDN (signing, encryption, sync/async), as well as the message encryption settings.  The approach for #2 would only work if all communication was not encrypted and each partner had all the same MDN settings.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

konrad_thalheim3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Nidhi Srivastava wrote:

1) For outbound scenarios, we are not going to use party at sender side. Only at the receiver side, we will be using party to send it to various customers.

This will work.

Nidhi Srivastava wrote:

2) For inbound scenario, we are having one dummy flow and one actual flow.

No party involved in dummy flow.(BC_AS2_Sender_Common -->PI -->BC_EDISeparator_Common)

No party involved in actual flow.(BC_EDISeparator_Common -->PI --> ECC Business system)

Infact in inbound scenario, no party involved at all?

Please advice if my understanding is correct.

Thanks,

Nidhi

No,

you will have two scenarios:

EDI_Partner|BC_AS2_Sender -> PI -> BC_EDISeparator

and

EDI_Partner|BC_EDI_Separator (your specific Interface) -> PI -> ECC

The secound one is the specific scenario per interface and partner.

The EDI separator will separate the messages and will search for a corresponding edi separator sender channel. So within your monitoring you will have  the inbound AS2 connection and the separation by message and partner.

Kind regards

Konrad

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konrad/Ryan,

Thanks for your response.

**Outbound transactions we have also decided to use party only at the receiver end. This seems fine to me  as well.

**Inbound Transactions,

a) We are using the same certificates/keys so channels will be having the same configurations.

b) Also, we are having different versions(4010,5010,4030) for a particular partner. So, we are thinking to segregate on the basis of versions and not use party in the second flow.Not sure if this will be correct approach, but if we go with Party for second flow - 3 flows for each partner.

EDI_Partner(basic vendor)|BC_AS2_Sender -> PI -> BC_EDISeparator

and

EDI_Partner|BC_EDISeparator -> PI -> ECC [Based on version, receiver split & interface split)

Please suggest if I am thinking in a right direction.

Thanks,
Nidhi Srivastava

konrad_thalheim3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

you do not need a party for inbound communications. However you will need to distinguish between different inbound communication partners - so:

I recommend to use party in inbound and outbound communications.

Why?

- You have an easier monitoring within PO.

- You can use TPM for inbound and outbound communication.

- You set up an internal standard for these integration patterns.

Kind regards,

Konrad