Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while activating Z datasource in BI getting error Field NTGEW invalid type CURR

former_member213112
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Z data Source in ECC with Z function module which can pull data based on logic with some fields in the structure.

So while activating that data Source in BI we are getting error like " Field NTGEW ( Position 5): Invalid type CURR(Currency Field / Unit Field )" .

This field is part of the structure and program, which is working fine in RSA3 ECC.

Please Suggest what could be the problem?

Regards,

Watch-point.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are both the [quantity,currency amount] field and its [unit of measure,currency] code field available in the Datasource: exist in the structure (not an external refernce like MARA-MEINS) and none is hidden in DS definition.

Question the data element NTGEW is a quantity type (QUAN) and your message refer to a currency field (CURR), did yoi confuse some fields?

Regards,

Raymond

former_member213112
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I have not included the unit of measure, currency fields but the quantity value is their in the structure and none of the fields are hidden ( I have checked in RSA6 ) in DS.

Yes NTGEW is quantity field and message refers to currency field / Unit field.

Regards,

watch-point.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BW won't be able to read VBAK or KOMK in source system -> So add units of measure and currency codes of every field of the datasource to the datasource itself : GEWEI, WAERK, etc. (think in term of "external interface")

Regards,

Raymond

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps you could share with us the complete structure? An SE11 screenshot or something?

former_member213112
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

The below is the screen shot for structure.

Regards,

watch-point.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm that what Raymond says below is the issue. You must refer to a unit field in the extraction structure - not an external one.