cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude Location from MRP Run

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to see if it's possible to exclude a warehouse location from a planning run.  We hold some retains of finished goods for the duration of the shelf life of the product.  I was hoping to use ByDesign to manage these retains for expiry and stock holding etc.  However, when running planning the system sees these products in stock and uses them in the planning run as a quantity to satisfy an order or as a sub-assembly in a bill of materials.  I don't want the system to do this - have I any option of creating a location to store them in and then exclude that from planning?

Many thanks in advance,

Ger Kennedy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kennedy,

From my understanding lets consider the following set-up

P1100 - Site and storage location

P1100-10

P1100-20

P1100-30

Here p1100-10* or P1100-20 or P1100-30 are logistics area.

If you want to exclude P1100-10 where you store retains of finished goods for the duration of the shelf life of the product but consider P1100-20 and P1100-30,

then the above scenario is not possible.

you only select at planning area level whether P1100 or no P1100.

We have two recommendations for you.

1. Either create a new site and move this particular logistics area P1100-10 under this new site

or

2. Exclude at product level in the planning run with the below option

Mark this as answered or helpfull if this helped with your query.

Regards

Leo

0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your input.  Creating a different site is not an option and I can't really exclude the product from the planning run as it's part of the multi-level BoM.

I've figured a workaround though whereby I can place the retain stock in restricted status which will exclude them from the planning run and will allow the system to create proposals for the correct amount according to the customer demand.

Many thanks for your help,

Ger

Answers (0)