cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to Non SAP system(AIX) for sending IDOC XML files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to send the IDOC XML files generated in SAP system to send to another non SAP system(which is basically an AIX system).

I have tried by creating a TCP/IP type RFC but connection test is not successful(Error details is attached).Can anyone let me know the procedure to connect directly to non SAP systems?

P.S:-We don't have any PI or XI system installed. We are trying to connect directly to that system.

Thanks,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raquel_gomez
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Based on screenshot, you're getting ERROR: timeout during allocate (return code: 242). Could you please provide a screenshot from SM59 definition?

See Notes:

10403 - Starting external programs

948636 - Local starting of executables using RFC

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls find attached screen shot. I will check the notes suggested and let you know.

Thanks,

Deepak

raquel_gomez
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Connection is defined as Start on Explicit Host. Ensure that target host can be reached and program can be reached under defined patch.

Review mentioned Notes, and revert back:

10403 - Starting external programs

948636 - Local starting of executables using RFC

Regards,

Raquel

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to send the files then why are you trying to establish a TCP/IP connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

We are trying to establish the connection between SAP and AIX system with the use of TCP/IP type RFC for avoiding any delay. In normal FTP transfer there will be some delay as it will be processed using some background job.

So, if you have any idea about this pls let me know.

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are trying to establish an RFC connection to a remote system, that system needs to speak SAPRFC. I assume AIX doesn't do that by default - you'll need some software installed that does. I also assume AIX itself isn't the ultimate endpoint of those connection - what is going to consume these Idocs? A piece of software running on the AIX system? Maybe that understands SAPRFC? Have you asked the supplier of that software if they know how to connect it to an SAP system?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Actually that server is in our control only and I don't have a single clue to how to make that server speak RFC. We don't know as of now which application will be used for consuming those files. We have a task to simply transfer the generated IDOC files with the use of RFC and shell script in WE21.

So, if you have any idea about any software which can be used for this connection purpose or any other method, pls let me know.

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're using an XML File port in WE21? Then you don't need RFC at all, do you? Can't you just use the outbound trigger in the WE21 port to trigger your shell script, and that script will transfer the file to the AIX server using ftp, sftp, sap, or whatever is your favourite file transfer protocol.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Yes, it is XML file port. We are using the outbound trigger for this purpose.While transferring the files how will it know the destination? You mean to implement the whole ftp protocol with destination in shell script only?

I thought first the connection will be set up and then shell script will transfer the file. Pls clarify.

It's better if you can share some documents on this.

Thanks.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's what I'm suggesting - manage the whole transfer in the shell script using whatever file transfer capabilities are your preference. This would be easier than the RFC method, in my opinion.

If you are going to go to the bother of setting up an RFC connection you'll need an RFC server of some sort at the far end. At that point, you might as well have that server accept the Idoc file itself. If you don't have any suitable software on the AIX system you can write something - there's some example code to get you started in the SAP Help here: RFC Server Programs - Components of SAP Communication Technology - SAP Library

Steve.