Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Set Decimal Places for Currencies OY04_mismatch in BSEG fields WRBTR DMBTR

Hi Gurus,

We have a major issue in our client's system.

We had configured a new company code for Columbia, and then posted a few documents in Development and Quality. Then a requirement came from the client that the currency COP should not have any decimal places. Accordingly a configuration was made in OY04 (Set Decimal Places for Currencies) for COP currency. After that all the documents posted were deleted.

These changes were then moved to the Production environment, after some tests in Dev and Quality.

Now the client has asked to include the decimal places for COP as per instruction from their Banking partners.

Following are my concerns/queries:

- At current configuration in our system (i.e. COP without decimals), we see that all whole amounts being posted in BSEG are reflecting as decimal amounts. For ex: If we post COP 35,987, in BSEG it reflects as in the following view (tcode SE16N):

Field NameValueTechnical Field NameValue Unconverted
Amt.in loc.cur.359.87DMBTR359.87
Amount359.87WRBTR359.87
General ledger amount35,987PSWBT359.87

Hence it is automatically setting a decimal after two units from the right, even for whole amounts. This is occurring for the above three fields for both Value and Value Unconverted views, expect for General Ledger Amount's "Value" view in BSEG, where it is reflecting correctly.

- If we have made COP as without decimal currency in OY04, and while posting and in FB03 view it is showing correctly (i.e. without decimal) then why is it reflecting in BSEG as an incorrect decimal amount? Will this affect future postings/reports made with reference to these entries? If yes, is there any way to correct this?

- Also, now that we want to change it back to "with decimals", if we make the changes directly in OY04, will it have any effect on future documents which will be posted with and without decimal amounts? Will there be a need to delete the documents of Dev and Quality from the database?

Currently there are no documents posted in Production yet for our company code.

Please help as this very critical.

Thanks & Regards

Ambarish

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question