SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing an article status in MM46

Lbasadien26
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Day,

When changing an article status in transaction MM46 from status D (DISCONTINUED) to M (MANDATORY) the system gives the error:

There are still open purchase order items or scheduling agreements

I have tried to manually change the status in MM42 but I get the same error.

Why would an article status change only be allowed when there are no open PO's and Scheduling agreements.

I understand the impact of changing profit centres and there are open orders/

Regards

Lindsay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

Can you please give more details like which field and in which view you are trying to change the field in MM46?

It is important to perform these checks when the article status is changed. Let's say if there are open purchase orders in the system and you are trying to discontinue an article, there will be problem when these POs are received. While processing their GRN, system can not process the article if it is discontinued. This is just one example of having an impact of changed status.

Even if you see SAP's standard discontinuation process (WSE8 i guess), these checks are performed but there are options to bypass checks. So i would suggest to WSE8 or some discontinue monitoring tcode to change the status instead of MM46.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

Can you please give more details like which field and in which view you are trying to change the field in MM46?

It is important to perform these checks when the article status is changed. Let's say if there are open purchase orders in the system and you are trying to discontinue an article, there will be problem when these POs are received. While processing their GRN, system can not process the article if it is discontinued. This is just one example of having an impact of changed status.

Even if you see SAP's standard discontinuation process (WSE8 i guess), these checks are performed but there are options to bypass checks. So i would suggest to WSE8 or some discontinue monitoring tcode to change the status instead of MM46.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your response.

The table is MARC, the field is MMSTA.

As we are changing from Discontinued to Mandatory, the open PO's should not be affected.

Regards

Lindsay

0 Kudos

As we specify the article number and site why does it look at open orders for other sites.

0 Kudos

Hi Lidnsay,

It depends from where you are picking the field. If you are taking the field from Basic data, if will affect all the stores and if it is from MARC, it will have an impact only one specific store.

I suggest you to check the configuration of the these article statuses to know the reason for checking the open PO.

If the article is currently discontinued and there is still open POs for them, that means the open POs were ignored when it was marked as discontinued. I would suggest to use the same transaction to reset the discontinue status with open POs check ignored.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

We are only changing per site MARC.

Attached is the config for status D.

I am just confused as to why an article status change for a specified site looks at PO's for other sites not even specified.

0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

If possible please give us the screen shot of your other article status Mandatory.

And in short the purpose of article status D and M.

Checking it for other sites are might be due the fact the site is might be configured as a supplying site for few other sites. Please check this also and update the thread with your findings.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Below is Manadatory status config.

Purpose of article status D- when an article is no longer used it is marked as D so no procurement and replenishment can take place.

Article status M is for articles used for procurement and replenishment

Thanks I will check if the site it is checking is configured as a supplying site.

0 Kudos

In my scenario I am trying to update the status in distribution centre HL30.

The error that it gives there are still open orders in another distribtion centre BL01

HL30 is on a supplying site for:

H010

H021

H031

H053

H062

and BL01 is only a supplying site for:

B125

B128

B153

B165

B209

B237

B257

B298

B322

B336

B340

B365

I checked this relationship in table WRF3.

Are you aware of any other config I need to check that is linking the HL30 to BL01 distribution centres?

0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

You also need to check whether any user-exit is implemented for this check. Take an ABAPer help to debug this change of field in article master and see whether any enhancement or user-exit is performing this check.

Also, you can refer the following document which is related to MARC-MMSTA.

Obsolescence Prevention using Material Status (MARC-MMSTA) - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

Lbasadien26
Participant
0 Kudos

The article was updated with the required status after saving through all the errors in posting messages generated in MM42