cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report always hang when running on a web application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I develop a report for my web application, and for some reason, it always hang if I try to generate the report from the production server.

I identify the culprit as the printer being used in the Crystal Report. By default, the report uses a network printer, which is not available on the production server. If I change the printer to "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" or "No Printer", it seems to work.

But what is weird is that I've been using the network printer to develop the report for other projects and was deployed to other server (which does not have the network printer as well), and it seems to run fine. Only in this server it does not work. Is there any configuration setting that I've to do in the server?

Crystal Report version: 14.1.4.1327

Visual Studio 2015 Update 1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to CR for .NET forum.

What version of the CR for Vs or BI .NET SDK are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the Visual Studio 2015, I'm using CR version 13 SP 16 (v.13.0.16.1954).

When I design the report, mostly I use my Crystal Report version 14.1.4.1327, not the one inside the Visual Studio. Not quite sure if that makes a difference, but I've done in this way for other projects as well without any problem.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of Window(s) are the two servers running?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

both servers are running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard edition.

For the Crystal Report runtimes that are installed on the servers, it is

- SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework (64-bit), version 13.0.7.1136.

- Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) version 10.2.0

The version is the same for both servers.

0 Kudos

You need to use the same version on your DEV PC and production. Developing on SP 16 and running on SP 7 is not likely going to work due to enhancements between the 2 versions.

Also, 10.2 may cause issues as well. Why both versions?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Initially I was running previous version on my development PC, and I just update to SP16 to see if the issue is resolved, but it wasn't. But the SP 7 are installed in both servers, so why it works in one and not in another?

for version 10.2, it was the 32 bit application, because there are other older projects that are written using .NET Framework 2.0.

0 Kudos

Is 10.2 install on your DEV PC as well as the app server?

Use ProcessMonitor to see what the differences are.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) version 10.2.0 is not in my DEV PC.

But it was installed on both app servers.

OK I'll try using ProcessMonitor to see.

Answers (0)