cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrated IGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in our WAS 6.20 environment (running on AIX) we used an external IGS (Internet Graphics Server) on a Windows machine. Now we've upgraded to NW2004s and we want to use the internal IGS. Everything's running fine but I'm wondering wheter (and HOW!) it is possible to stop and start the IGS processes without stopping/starting the whole Netweaver Application Server.

Regards

Jürgen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

You can stop the IGS by just killing the IGS processes in the task manager. To start it back you can use command:

<b>igswd.exe -DIR=<drive>\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<NN>\igs -MODE=ALL -SYSNAME=<SID> -SYSNO=<Instance number></b>

If it dos not work, replace option ALL with PROFILE in the –mode parameter and append next pf=<START PROFILE with path> like the below:

<b>igswd -DIR=D:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\igs\bin -MODE=PROFILE pf=d:\usr\sap\SID\sys\profile\<START_PROFILE_NAME> -SYSNAME=<SID> -sysno=NN</b>

Hope this is what you had asked for.

Regards,

P. Kumaravel.

Ps: Award points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not bad, BUT

1. Is killing of tasks (Windows), resp. processes (UNIX) really the recommended procedure of correctly stopping an running IGS instance or are there other possibilities?

2. I'm running under UNIX (AIX). How would be the IGS-only startup procedure there?

Regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Am sure one of the below notes would certainly help you out.

Note 718267 - Upgrading your Web AS 6.40 based IGS installation

Note 454042 - IGS: Installing and Configuring the IGS

Note 737099 - IGS upgrade step fails

Note 458731 - Internet Graphics Service Main Note

Note 737301 - How to remove the IGS from the start profile

Note 931900 - Discovering the IGS patch level

Regards,

P. Kumaravel.

matthias_gemmel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the startigs and stopigs scripts are removed with the switch to IGS 7.00 (NW04s).

IGS 6.40 was started via startigs which was called by startsap. A "feature" of this scenario was that the IGS could be started/stopped independently.

IGS 7.00 is registered in the start profile and is started/stopped when the system starts/stops.

@Jürgen: the recommended procedure is to restart the whole system and the killing procedure is just a second possibility.

To call the IGS start command you must refer to the start profile entry of the IGS and resolve all variables (this is platform independant).

Best regards

Matthias

Message was edited by:

Matthias Gemmel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

thanks for your answer.

While playing with the new integrated IGS we often had to restart the IGS and I just couldn't believe that I always need to restart the whole SAP system.

If you can convince myself that <i>your</i> recommended procedure is also the <i>official SAP</i> recommended preocedure (docu, help, oss note, etc.) I'll give you the 10 points.

Best regards

Juergen

matthias_gemmel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

I'm sorry, I can not point you to an official docu or note that covers this issue.

Regards

Matthias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

We are running integrated IGS on NW04 under Solaris 10. We use the stopigs and startigs scripts within /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE/igs/bin directory to stop and start the IGS respectively.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

When you start WAS instance using startsap, it starts integrated IGS.

However, in case you wish to start integrated IGS while WAS is already up, I believe another startsap will take care of it. It will bypass instances which are already running and start the ones which are not.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Praveen