cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PP-PI IN HOT ROLLING MILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I am working in a hot rolling mill since 5 years.We produce Hot rolled coils.Now we are planning to implement the PP module.As per my understanding SAP PP-PI should be implemented.We have a reheating furnace from which slab at 1250 degrees is discharged and passes through a roughing mill,finishing mill and finally coiled in coiler.The furnace is lighted by gas.The major components we use for production are steel slabs,Water,electricity,gas,hydraulic oil etc.I want to know what should be our BOM and routing for the master recipes.What standard value keys should we maintain in the work centre.Should we treat the entire production line as work center?Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhibhudatta,

As far as your concern this is a process industry scenario, Take a help of PI consultant for this.

Secondly the BOM will consist of packing material and other consumable material including SFG.

Third the rest of the gases, water, power and steam will be assigned to the work center/resource.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use PP-PI if you need functionalities like master recipes, approval of master data or PI Sheets. Otherwise, if this is not necessary, there is an Industry Solution called Mill Producs, which can be used for this scenario.

Please take a look on SAP Help, on the link below:

SAP for Mill Products – SAP Help Portal Page

The answers you asked cannot be simply answered on a SCN thread. A consultant would need to understand better your scenario and your processes, in order to answer this kind of thread.

Best regards

Caetano Almeida

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.Thread closed.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If the issue is solved, please close the thread selecting he correct answer.

BR

Caetano