cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sell iObject(equipment) in crm??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear exparts,

I have a requirement with my client. They are in rental business of vehicles that we are maintaining in crm as iobject. They rent the vehicle. their business practice is like that if the vehicles are more than 3 years old they sell to iobjects through auction(accept quotation vrom n number of customers for the vehicles) and which ever is highest they sell to that customer. In this situation which transaction type we can use. Because in sales quotation and order object is not used and how to handle pricing for object. If any one is had the experience kindly suggest me. its very urgent.

Regards,

Roy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi still waiting for reply. Any iObject expert please.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rocky,

I am not actually an expert on CRM Service, but as far as I know individual objects in CRM refer to equipments in ERP and are assigned to products in CRM (which are materials in ERP). At the very least, you can create a sales order with the material, and before goods issue you can enter serial number of individual object in delivery document in ERP.

I don't have access to a CRM system right now, but if I remember correctly, serial numbers can also be entered in sales order item level in CRM (They can definitely be entered on sales order item level in ERP). If that's so, you can enter iobject in CRM sales order as well.

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

as far I understand is right. You cannot include the ibase, or component directly into a sales order - you need to create the sales order for the product.

In a second step you then need to assign the component to the sold to party from the sales order in IB63 - this creates the reference from the sales order to the ibase.

This process is further explained in the online help with the following link:

Maintenance of IBases with Reference to Sales Transactions (SAP - Installed Base Management - SAP Li...

Does this help to answer your questions?

best regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilgin,

In response of your reply I can say "Yes" we can enter serial number in line Item in sales order. But as there is no Item Category group maintained for the Object, Item category is not determined.

Regards,

Roy

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rocky,

You should enter the material number as item in sales order, not the serial number. As far as I recall there was an activation switch, maybe a business function activation for CRM sales order that generates serial number attribute in the relevant component/view and you can enter the serial number in that field additionally. This is optional for sales order process, you can enter the serial number later in delivery process as well.