cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP QM integration with PP and WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I would like to ask for your help if you can share your experiences rd ideas about the following case.

There is a process of manufacturing (PP discrete manufacturing controls by production orders), goods receipt is required for each pallet of products, there is a QM and quality inspection process of GR for production order and GR from production is realized into the Warehouse (WM).

Is it possible (somehow) to not generate inspection lots for each received pallets but only one inspection lot for all quantity and release the quantity by usage decision for all received pallets? As far as I remember there is a possibility to create inspection lot during the production order releasing (before start of production) but what about the quantity of inspection lot? (target production order quantity?)

Hope I´ve described the process clearly.

What is your opinion how to tackle this kind of process and requirement?

Thank you very much for feedback.

Pavel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

Please can you confirm below points -

a) Is your SAP having integration with MES, where MES is driving the GR confirmation and knows the status of the Pallets to be "A" (accepted) or "R" (Reject)?

b) Are you receiving pallet by pallet (1 pallet at a time per GR) or you are receiving any pallets at a time (Ex; 1st GR = 10 pallets, 2nd GR = 2 pallets, 3rd GR = 5 pallets...)?

c) If you do not have any prior knowledge of the next pallet in line for GR to be Good one (A) or a Bad one (R), do you still wish to add stocks for the previously created inspection lot?

Having answering these questions, you will understand what kind of system setup you should be required for your business setup.

In case you always wish to create ONLY ONE INSPECTION LOT for the 1st GR you post against your ProdOrd, Inspection type 04 (GR form production order), you can check 'Control InsLot' setup and update the value as - "'X' An inspection lot for each purchase order item/order item ".

Once this is activated, the 1st GR stock will be inspection relevant stock, and the next GR onwards will build total stock for your inspection lot. You can see both the fields under 'Insp Lot Quantities'  tab for your inspection lot.

You can do this through the configuration (one time) for your inspection type 04 - default value for inspection type, following the below config path -

SPRO ---> Quality Management => Quality Inspection => Inspection Lot Creation => Define Default Values for Inspection Type => 04 - Goods receipt inspection from production => Control insLot = X

Else, you can manually adjust this parameter for your material master QM view, and then post GR to create the 1st inspection lot. Then keep on using the same setup.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

thank you very much for this feedback, it is really nice to be a member of SCN group to meet the experts and professionals like you and get such an excellent reply.

Regarding your questions / additional points to clarify:

a/ There is no MES system, it is a really simple scenario without any integration, so the quality inspection is controlled only in SAP as well as the production process

b/ The goods receipt is realized pallet by pallet (1 pallet at a time per GR), there is a packing machine completing the cartoons on the pallet, once the pallet is completed and packed, the label should be printed and GR posted; this is a production of homogenous materials, i.e. on one pallet only one material (this is a bottled oil production)

c/ There is a prior of next pallet, the production lots are quite large so we can say one shift is producing one material (type) with one packing machine... the assumption is to change the current not very flexible process (TO in WM is created wrt production order in advance for all the assumed shift production, all labels are printed in advance as well)

I like the proposal of creating only one inspection lot for the first pallet (GR), but I will have to evaluate this possibility in more detail but thanks a lot for this way of thinking about this issue...

EDIT 04-04: I have quickly checked the proposed way of working / functionality and it seems to be a good solution, of course I have to go through in more details to check if is suitable for all aspects of designed process.

Best regards,

Pavel

Answers (0)