cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue Account Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I am just curious what would happen if you skip the revenue account determination?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I guess you could manage everything in FI/CO, credit management etc. in spreadsheets or other similar software, you can also pay for additional tools and systems to create and process country-specific documents like NFe, which among other things depend on having a correct accounting document generated from SD billing.

However disconnecting SD from other modules somehow defeats the purpose to pay for SAP licenses and hire consultants to configure and manage the system - you can easily create nice forms for calculating prices and print nice documents with FOSS. 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Xiaoxi,

This is an interesting and "bold" question!

From my understanding, if you do not have account determination setup, you could still create sales orders, deliveries and billing documents. Send the billing documents to the customer and get payment from them, for your sale. No problem!

What you will not be able to do in that in SAP you will not be able to account for the sales, discounts etc. so no reconciliation, no reporting etc.

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can save the billing document but accounting document would not be generated which means, you made some sales but has not been accounted and would be treated as free of cost sales

G. Lakshmipathi