cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Designer 16.6 - Modeling HANA table - columns lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to PowerDesigner tool.  Trying to model a set of HANA tables of type "Column" (as opposed to "Row").

For no apparent reason the tool seems to be deleting the non-key columns in the tables.

Most recently this happened when I did a preview of the DDL to create the tables.

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong - or is this a known bug???

It's very frustrating as I have to keep keying info back in.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you keep having to retype the columns, it doesn't sound like an issue with display preferences. Perhaps you're typing in the columns, showing the preview, then pressing <Cancel> on the table property sheet, which would ignore all your changes. You have to click on <Apply>, <OK>, or just press Enter to keep the changes you made to the list of columns.

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Can you see the columns under the table in the browser view?

Check your display preferences on your diagram.  You may have the 'Table' settings to show only key columns and not all columns.

Setting 'row' or 'column' table type is just a setting in the table's Properites sheet on the 'General' tab.  Is this how you are setting the table type?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

The columns are completely gone - not viewable under the browser view either.

Display preference is set to all columns.

Yes, I am setting it to Column table using the setting in the table's general properties.

When I had the tables originally as row tables, I did not have this problem.

When I switched them from row to column, that was the first time it dropped columns.

Then I completely recreated the tables, setting them up as column tables before adding columns.  This was fine until I tried to generate database . . and previewed the DDL code.

Really would like to understand why it is behaving this way. 

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Can you post the exact steps you are using?  The switch from 'rows' to 'columns' is a simple metadata change in PD and does not affect how the rest of the metadata is actually stored.

Chris