Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Email Issues

Dear Experts,

I have a crosstab on report cover page on a subreport RH section. Cannot do it on the main report due to parameters being passed to subreport. Main report is a mask.

The crosswalk lists names and contact details of the SMEs to be contacted in case of report questions. The crosstab works fine and lists accurate information. One of the field in the crosswalk is an email address where I have to set up a predefined message with some dynamic fields. Something like this:

"mailto:"+ {sme.EMAIL_AD} +

"?subject=" + " Question(s) Related To Report - "  + ReportTitle +

"&body= Hi " + {sme.First_Name} + ",%0D%0A%0D%0A" +

"I am reviewing the captioned report and have following questions:%0D%0A%0D%0A%0D%0A "

+ "Thanks"

The email generates fine but the issue is the dynamic fields do not bring back right values for the fiedl EMAIL_AD. I guess it picks up from the first record. To be clear, If I click on email address of person A on crosswalk(correct address on crosswalk) on outlook the address and the first name in salutation line is of a different person.

Same is the issue on tool tips.

This might work well if it is in a detail section, but I need the data on the report cover page. I cant add a subreport within a subreport. Is there any way for me to get this right? What are report parts? Can I create a separate report for the SMEs contact details and call it inside my subreport as a part?

Appreciate if someone can guide.

-Sunil

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question