SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS - FMRP_RW_BUDCON "Available Amount" Negative

fernando_francov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello FM experts,

I have the following issue with FM module. We are using BCS for budgeting and AVC, sometimes we face this problem:

When executing report FMRP_RW_BUDCON for some combinations of funds center and commitment item available amount is negative, so AVC error messages shows up for daily operation at SD, MM, etc.

When users execute the report the column consumed budget is not equal to commitment/actual column. So we have to execute FMAVCREINIT to delete the differences about 5 times per day.

Durinig day users make several transfers between combinations of funds center/commitment item to others using FMBB transaction. I think these operations are causing the differences on consumed budget and commitment/actual columns.

My question is: why AVC is not updated online when doing the transfers and why AVC permits to have an available amount with negative values?

Another thing i want to know how to determine which commitments are hard and which are soft.

Please i will appreciate your advice.

Regards,

Fernando

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the following document and the steps in it to stop negative budgeting in FM-BCS.

Regards,

Amar Lal

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the following document and the steps in it to stop negative budgeting in FM-BCS.

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Amar,

i will check the link suggested and i'll get you up to date about this case.

Regards,

Fernando

0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I have checked the provided link but in FMCCA i already have a library with rules assigned to my FM Area. Here a i have a ratio named ZZ_RELEASE as following images.

So in FMCCA i have a rule defined as following.

This rule is working fine when doing operations through FMBB but my problem isn't with this transaction.

My problems occurs as example:

Current Budget = 100

Consumable Budget = 50 (after release of current budget)

Available Budget = 50

I make a PO (ME21N) with price 80, so report shows:

Current Budget = 100

Consumable Budget = 50

Available Budget = -30

Any message is displayed at PO creation.

My need is to control budget against consumable budget instead of current budget as it seems to be now.

Regards,

Fernando

0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

The issue you have identified belongs to AVC. Make sure you have maintained a Tolerance Profile and it is properly assigned to FM Area.

Regards,

Amar

0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I'll give more detail about our operation. During first days of the new year we load the budget for the entire fiscal year (January to December). After that we use FMOPER to allow budget operations for each periodo at the beginning of these.

The AVC control is confgured to check annual values.

I have mantained a tolerance profile and it is assigned to my FM area, image below:

Also, i took a screenshot of  FMRP_RW_BUDCON with a liitle more detailed explanation.

Thanks for your time and support.

Regards,

Fernando

0 Kudos

Hi,

You should check that your AVC consumable budget works on 'released' budget (R1) in IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - Availability Control - Settings for Availability Control Ledger - Define Filter Settings for Budget Values

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

thanks for your advice. I have checked the path provided but i can't see where to put value R1. Below there are a few screenshots.

When i select one ledger and then doble click on select budget types and error message appears.

Please, could you give me guidance about how to proceed and to solve the error?

Thanks.

Selection of budget types not possible

Message no. FMAVC516

Diagnosis

You are trying to select budget types for availability control filter

settings. However, you have chosen the value Budget or releases

according to fund-dependent settings for the field Value Type Selection.

In this case you cannot specify budget types in the filter settings.

System Response

Processing stops.

Procedure

Specify the value type and, if applicable, the budget types that define

the consumable budget for checks in this availability control ledger.

If you want to overwrite these fund-dependent settings, select another

value for the field Value Type Selection.

Regards,

Fernando

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AVC is updated online, unless specific operations are applied. For more info see Note 725266 - Conditions requiring a re-initialization of AVC ledgers.

As for negative amounts on FM address without consumption, please, search SCN forum. There are plenty of threads on this issue, including the document mentioned above.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

I will search the forum to get more info. We are still having issues with negative "available amount".

Regards,

Fernando

fernando_francov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have noted that the negative "available amounts" are occuring when actual budget is greater than released budget. I think system is controlling available amounts against actual budget instead of released budget.

For budget addresses where actual budget is the same of released budget systems checks availability correctly.

I will appreciate advice with this new info.

Regards,

Fernando

fernando_francov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

To keep you up to date, i have to mention the following:

1. After a several tests to validate functionality of AVC, this component is working fine.

2. After looking deep inside history of budgeting operations (load, releases and transfers) and assigned budget line items i found that the issue is related with budgeting operations (FMBB transaction). When current budget is greater than consumable budget the system allows to transfer money to another budget address. This operation decreases consumable budget so available amount becomes negative (consumable budget - assigned budget). It seems that validations in FMCCA are not checking consistency correctly when current budget is greater than consumable budget.

Here an example of the situation:

Fund center: 123 / Commitment item: 987

Current budget = 100,000

Consumable budget = 80,000 (after release of this amount from current budget)

Assigned budget = 76,000

Available budget = 4,000

Then for business requirements users transfer 10,000 from Fund center 123 / Commitment item 987

address to another budget address. As result system allows the operation, no message appears, but consumable budget now is lower and available is negative.

Current budget = 100,000

Consumable budget = 80,000 (after release of this amount from current budget)

Assigned budget = 76,000

Available budget = 4,000

Transfer = - 10,000

Final status:

Current Budget = 100,000

Consumable budget = 70,000

Cssigned budget = 76,000

Available Budget = - 6,000

Please advice, about this situation.

Regards,

Fernando

0 Kudos

Dear Fernando,

The issue you have identified can be controlled using check libraries and the document provided initially. It will immediately give you an error in FMBB, when u try to post transfer from FC1/CI1 to FC2/CI1, if the amount to be transferred to FC2/CI1 is greater than the available amount at FC1/CI1.

In your scenario, you wont be able to post transfer of 10,000 and system will give you the error that available amount to be transfer is 4000 only.

Regards,

Amar Lal