cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Fixed Bin Capacity Check with Two or more batches to same material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are facing a problem in WM Capacity Check for fixed bins. The example are described below:

A material has following parameters for fixed bins:

- Maximum Quantity: 100 ST

- Minimum Quantity:    50 ST.

So the expected behavior of the system is not allow to put more than 100 st in this storage bin. However, when I am trying to put a different batch for the same material in the storage bin and the system are allowing it.

Does anyone found this problem too? How can I handle it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Gian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The setting which you mentioned in the thread is for the replenishment and it has no relation with the actual capacity check for the bin.

Check you setting at storage type level what is maintained there

SPRO---LE--WM---MASTER DATA--DEFINE STORAGE TYPE

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi,

Just to share the solution. Reading the SAP Note below:

392776 - Capacity check in the Warehouse Management

I found the following fragment:

Inspection method 3 - check based on maximum quantity per bin in the storage type

You can maintain a maximum quantity per storage bin in the storage type data of the material master. For inspection method 3, the Quants of the corresponding material are putaway to a maximum of this quantity. For the above-mentioned reasons, it also applies here that the mixed storage should not be allowed.

So, as I understand for each quant the system will validate the maximum quantity of fixed storage bin. So multiple batchs for same material in same position was no supported by this capacity check procedure. Because of this, I changed the capacity check method to 4 (based on material) so we will update the material capacity in cubic meters and convert it to UoM of material and according with my tests this solution works well.

Thanks all

Gian

0 Kudos

For your problem about the batch, have you check the mixed storage in SPRO for your storage type ?