cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML81n Service entry held by several users at same time

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario in our retail system is:

Same vendor supply the same service for all plants. Services are centrally managed by central offices.

User creates single monthly based service PO with one item position for each plant, wich means 650 plants = 650 PO items.

During ML81n users are getting blocked caused by PO is treated by someone esle from another plant.

Is there any standard option to skip the error ME006 User XXX already processing Purchase order 4500XXXX?

I haven't found any clue so far.

Thank's in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your business have 650 plants and looks like you need to redefine processes.

Why you cannot go for below process

1. Create a single contract for your vendor

2. Create purchase order/service order from that new one contract  for each plant- You will have 650 purchase orders

3. You can do service entry sheet for individual plant for each purchase order created for that plant

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for all your answers, as you mentioned we're gong to redefine our process for service procurement.

Many thanks.

Joel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

1. Redefine your business process. In practice some companies put depot as plant for their convenience.

So think about your requirement if want to change or considering 650 plants for business use.

2. Give authorization only for superuser ( it depend on your requirement ) with a discipline practices

with the help froms basis guy.

3. Mr. Biju sir said was correct - create contract and adopt into PO w.r.t 650 plants.

Regards,

Vivek

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joel,

Ideally you should go for the Contract as suggested by Biju, and create 650 PO's accordingly as per plant, if you want to avoid yourself stuck in this matter, Go for this. else you should educate them that this problem will persist until and unless other plant user don't get his work done and convert it into display mood.

Best Regards
Mohsin Abbasi

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no option for shared lock for PO as of my knowledge. The system is locking for consistency only and the user has to wait till the other user completes it and release the lock. I would suggest to train the users to wait till the lock is removed.

If required, you can go for an upload program to upload the SES, which will reduce the locked time. Refer the wiki: Creating Service Entry Sheet using BAPI - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Regards,

AKPT