cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract data from LTAK and LTAP tables to BW (delta).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello-

I need to extract the data from LTAK and LTAP tables.

1. Is there any standard datasource for them in BW to extract the data .

2. Should i create a view on top of these two tables (or) should i directly create the datasource on each

of the table?

3. If i create the generic datasource on LTAK & LTAP , then what are the generic delta enabled fields in the LTAK and LTAP tables .

4. I want to integrate the header and item data in DSO, please suggest the delta fields that can fetch daily basis.

Thanks in advance!

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Let me try to answer your questions.

Q1. Is there any standard datasource for them in BW to extract the data .

A1. According to me there is no Business Content DataSource.

Q2. Should i create a view on top of these two tables (or) should i directly create the datasource on each of the table?

A2. Yes, I suggest to create a view on top of both tables or create a Function Module extractor.

Q3. If i create the generic datasource on LTAK & LTAP , then what are the generic delta enabled fields in the LTAK and LTAP tables .

A3. I can only find creation data (BDATU) and a creation time (BZEIT) in the header table LTAK. I cannot judge if e.g. creation date is sufficient and how likely it is that changes are to be expected. In case of possible changes, you will have to for full loads or a kind of "pseudo" delta mechanism, e.g. today minus 1 month.

Q4. I want to integrate the header and item data in DSO, please suggest the delta fields that can fetch daily basis.

A4. I suggest to combine header and item during extraction. Please see also A2.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Sander!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I see you have copied 2 questions from this thread and added 2 more of your own. your. It is a good practice to keep one and the same discussions in the same thread instead of creating duplicate ones.

Having said that, let me add that I have not found any DataSource related to these tables in the SAP Help Documentation, therefore we can assume there is still no standard DataSource to extract data from those tables.

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I will use the old thread! Thanks!