Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend material master issue

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

i have two sales areas 1000+10+10 and 1000+20+10, plus have two plants 1000 and 2000.

from plant 1000 i can sale on both the sales areas, but on plant 2000 i can only sale via sales area 1000+10 (local sales)+10.

but problem is that when I extending the material on plant 2000 only for 1000+10+10 system also extend it on 1000+20+10.

Why this happen and How i overcome this problem or scenario.

Looking for the gurus feedback.

regards.

imran khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>but problem is that when I extending the material on plant 2000 only for 1000+10+10 system also extend it on 1000+20+10.<<<

I hope this behavior was not just because of April 1st (April Fool day) .

It is not possible to have sales views created for 2 sales organisations at the very same time in MM01, you would need to execute MM01 twice. If that really happened then you are not using SAP standard transaction to create material masters.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the words.

actually my client main plant is operated in KSA and all the customer is in KSA along with a sister concern in KSA, who by the majority of the product.

Client also have a plant in Jordan and Sudan, they are dispatching material to KSA, but that is not the export sales for that plant in the system.

So in material master when i create first time for the local sales, by default all he countries are coming in the material master. as mention below.

so after saving the material on local distribution channel when i want to extend it on the export distribution channel where KSA wants to dispatch/export the material, system suggest that its already extended o export distribution channel as well.

i think that is due to different country assign in the material master.

Looking for your response, in this regard,

thanks.

And thanks for your words.

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

The material master is assigned to both the sales areas 2000/10/10 & 2000/20/10.

& in 2000/10/10 tax data is maintained like that.

Please check in the other sales area also what is maintained.

Best Regards,

Radheshyam P.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are actually not talking about plants, you are talking about countries and tax classification in a material master.

Your screenshot does not even have a plant listed in the organisation data on top.

In IMG it is defined from which plants a sales organisation can sell goods.

And all countries of those plants are then listed in the tax classification section for a sales organisation in material master, as this data needs to be present in case your Sales org sells goods from one of the plants in those countries.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

when i create for 1000+10+10, its already updated for 1000+20+10, i think because of different country are maintain in material master, due to client requirement.

hope this now clear to you.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am already creating materials since 1997 in SAP I have no issue and understand the system very well, thats why I try to help you to understand the design.

The question is: are you familiar with SD customizing? Are you familiar with table MLAN which holds those records from the tax classification?  MLAN has neither a sales org nor a plant.

It is just based on the current SD customizing (Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant) that is read dynamically when creating a material master and determine which entries need to be displayed in that tax section.

If both  sales organization - distribution channel are assigned to the same set of plants, then the entries in the tax classification are already present  when you extend the material to the second sales org/distribution channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in material master when i create first time for the local sales, by default all he countries are coming in the material master. as mention below.

so after saving the material on local distribution channel when i want to extend it on the export distribution channel where KSA wants to dispatch/export the material, system suggest that its already extended o export distribution channel as well.

i think that is due to different country assign in the material master.

Looking for your response, in this regard,

thanks.

And thanks for your words.

Not sure if i understand your question clearly but for the 1st part of your post, i believe you're talking about the countries that appear in tax data of material master. Coming to the 2nd part, you're saying that after creating the material for one distribution channel say 10 when you're going to extend it for another distribution channel say 20 system is prompting you with a message that material is already extended is that what you're trying to say?

See now there are 2 things, apart from the wonderful suggestions and explanations you've received above you need to look at T-codes OX10, OVK1, OVK4. Check out the country for your plant and then look at tax categories that have been defined for that country. For 2nd part, please try to understand the relationship of sales organization, distribution channel and plant. Refer to below mentioned thread this might will clear your doubt. In case if you still feel that something has been missed then you can ask. Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sales: sales org. 1 and Sales: sales org. 2 of material master are stored in table MVKE. The keyfields of this table are client, material number, sales organization and distribution channel but no plant. This is the standard design.

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

Can you please provide the screen-shot so that we can understand the problem better.

Best Regards,

Radheshyam P.

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is because you have already extended to both sales areas, when you extend to plant 2000, it is asking to maintain in 1000+20+10 also.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Radheshyam,

No, it will not ask.

for plant 1000 I extend it for both sales area but not for plant 2000 I want this.

Please guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imran, are you sure that you've done the extension properly? Lets try it from 1st node once again. Create 2 materials and extend them by selecting views as sales org. data 1, sales org. data 2 and general/plant Data

Material A                                            

Plant 1000

Sales org 1000

Distribution channel 10 or 20

Material B

Plant 2000

Sales org 1000

Distribution channel 10

now you've to be very careful while dealing with copying from option during extension. Set copy from values as blank while Material B extension. In case if the issue still persists then it would be great if you share snapshots for the same. Looking forward to your reply against the same. Thanks.