Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch split before posting good issue - wrong batch determination

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all SD Experts!

The scenario

SD consultants designed the batch split determination on a date-value in batch classification to manage a FIFO-like procedure.

This seems to be working well...until now.

The "wrong" case:

In a delivery I merge 2 different Sales Order, single item, the material is the same MAT0001, so my Delivery got

ItemMaterialQty
10MAT000150
10MAT000180

For this material, as Stock level, I got 2 batches

BatchMaterialQtyDate on classification
BATCH1MAT00015020.03.2016
BATCH2MAT00019029.03.2016

Before doing the good issue, I make the automatic batch split in VL02N and I got this result

ItemMaterialBatchQty
10MAT000150
90001MAT0001BATCH150
20MAT000180
90002MAT0001BATCH150
90003MAT0001BATCH230

Obviously, when I post the good issue, I got an error since i'm trying to consume 100 from BATCH1

It's not a big problem at the moment since we do not have, yet, an automatic procedure for GI so we can check and fix manually
But we are planning to automatize a bunch of stuff, GI too

So I want to prevent the problem.

I looked for OSS Notes and on SCN (btw, we do not have any userexit implemented on batch split and batch determination) without success and I'm a bit out of my element.

Is this a normal behaviour (I can see that for SAP BATCH1 is not "consumed" yet ) or there is something i'm missing?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do below steps:

1) Check if your ATP strategy used by your material (OVZ9) does "Include deliveries", it must be ticked

2) Make sure ATP check is not turned off for your delivery item category (V_TVLP_V-VERPR)

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

thanks for your hints!

I checked and everything seems ok on customizing level 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's weird, because I tested in my system the batch split does consider remaining ATP.

Tried same sample like yours, BATCH1 no longer selected by item 20 after consumed by item 10.

The other part I can think of are:

1) OVZ2 config

2) Depends on which value assigned in V_TVEPZ_V-BEDHK, have to look at the config accordingly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone

what is the fix you are looking at ,

CASE-1

1. Batch should not split and only one Batch should be delivered ?

ItemMaterialBatchQty
10MAT000150
90001MAT0001BATCH150
20MAT000180
90002MAT0001BATCH280

with the above scenario , You would not be able to do delivery if following scenario 

MAT0001 ;

BATCH1- 50

BATCH2- 50

SO & Delivery - 100

Item 10 - 60

Item 20- 40

with the above example system should ignore this batch in delivery , is that you are looking for ?

CASE -2

System should block the stock on FIFO basis for Delivery line item and from your example Item 20 should not take Batch-1

Regards,

Santosh

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like  (again, i do not ever know if it's possible) that after determining the 1st batch, its quantity is decreased before checking the batches for next item

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
when I post the good issue, I got an error since i'm trying to consume 100 from BATCH1

What is the error message system was popping up ?

G. Lakshmipathi

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not enought quantity available for BATCH1