Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packing sfc take long time

vian_abduljalil
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

packing takes a long time when the number of packed SFC is over 100 st. I attached a log file from one example when I tried to pack one sfc.

the packing time can increase to 10-20 s for every SFC when the packed sfc reaches 400 st.

any idea?

thank you

regards,

Vian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vian

What version is this for?

Some observations:

1) is this the entire trace for packing a single SFC? The log file only shows just under 2 seconds of trace time.

2) that said, over 1500 SQL statements executed in that time. No single SQL was "slow", but all the SQL accounts for nearly 1 second of the total execution time alone.

3) The number of SQL statements is just too inefficient and this will not scale: as you increase the packed quantity, this will get slower and slower.

4) probably, you need to open a support incident for this issue, to get the code improved, but finally:

5) make sure you are patched to the latest version where possible - fixes to issues like this can and do appear regularly.

Stuart

vian_abduljalil
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Stuard and thank you for your response,

1- yes I just cut this part of log file when I added this SFC to the container that already had 113 st SFC.

we have SAP MES version 6.0.4.44.

Regards,

Vian

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vian

OK, you have the latest patch for 6.0.4.

I'd recommend you capture the NW SQL trace for the entire duration of adding a single SFC to a container with over 100 SFCs. Analyse the results and look for any slow SQL that contributes a significant % to the delay. Improving one statement that accounts for a tiny proportion of the execution time is of no value. Obviously, you cannot change the code, but you can sometimes improve the SQL by adding new indexes. Core indexes can be dropped to help too, but these will get re-created if you re-execute any core scripts at any point.

After you have exhausted that, I'd recommend opening a support incident, including your findings. As I say, it looks like the code ME is running for this packing process is not scaleable and will continue to deteriorate as the container fills.

Stuart

vian_abduljalil
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Stuard ,

I have opened the support incident now for the issue with packing process. but I found the same issue with Material maintenance because it takes long time during saving a change for one item specially if the item have several revisions and if it connected to several item group.

I attached the log file for sql trace when I tried to save a little change to one item.

thank you

regards,

Vian