Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

KF Calculation if one of 2 inputs are not initialized

Hi,

I have a calculation that that selects the higher value between 2 KF.

The calculation works only if both KF are initialized, I would like for it to work even if I have only a value in one KF.

Is this possible ?

Do you have tricks to initialize a KF without have to actually load data in it ?

Here is my calculation:

IF(  "KAMLIFTCENTSOFF@PERPRODPOSPROMO"  -  "KAMLIFTCENTSOFFW1@PERPRODPOSPROMO1"  > 0 ,  "KAMLIFTCENTSOFF@PERPRODPOSPROMO"  ,  "KAMLIFTCENTSOFFW1@PERPRODPOSPROMO1"  )

Here is the Screen of the Planning View (I want the red areas to be calculated):

http://image.prntscr.com/image/2f0ba5164bea4cb29ecf13ac5576c25d.png

replied

Hi Marc

I think you need to distinguish two things here:

1: If you split by split factor HINIT@PERPRODPOSPROMO you must make sure that this KF is initialized in all relevant periods and all relevant planning objects.

So the question is: how do you make sure that it has always value 1 in all periods/planning objects??? How did you check this requirement is fullfilled?

As a test (I assume it is a helper and not a displayable KF), copy the HINIT into a calculated KF (on lowest level by KF@PERPRODPOSPROMO = HINIT@PERPRODPOSPROMO) and check in Excel by just loading the one KF and one week on the lowest level if really all planning objects show up. If that fails, this is your root cause

2: I would calculate slightly different:

Invent new calculated KF e.g.

"KAMLIFTCENTSOFFW1B@PERPRODPOSPROMO" = "KAMLIFTCENTSOFFW1@PERPRODPOSPROMO1"

With that you make sure you work on the same planning level and calculate

MAX("KAMLIFTCENTSOFF@PERPRODPOSPROMO" , "KAMLIFTCENTSOFFW1B@PERPRODPOSPROMO" )

With that it will always take whatever is initialized and of higher value

Yours, Irmi

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question