Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch number is not showing in QA03

former_member218053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

We have implemented auto usage decision in our project by using BAPI"BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION’" and it has job refer to T code ZQA11. Now the issue is that batch number is not getting assigned into the inspection lot but if we check in process order goods recipet tab batch number is displayed it while QA03 is not showing the batch number its happening for some particular orders.

I have checked the master recipe setting which is same for both process orders. Can anyone please help me to get this sorted our asap?

Regards

Jinto Joy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First.. why are you using a BAPI for this Auto UD?  SAP provides a standard program for the Auto UD, specifically for 03 inspection lots.

If you need something custom, you should copy that program and modify it as needed.  Don't reinvent the wheel if you don't have to. I have seen this done at many clients.

Not having a batch job assigned to an inspection lot might be normal depending on when the batch is assigned.  Depending on the order type you can determine if batches are required to be assigned to the order before order release, or if they can be assigned during the GR.  In the case of the GR, that batch doesn't get assigned until after the GR is done.  Typically the normal program won't touch those unless the order has status TECO on it.

So I'd look at the Auto UD program first.

Craig

former_member338769
Participant
0 Kudos

I would check authorizations of the user that released the process order. It might be that they are missing edit authorizations to insp lots.

Just try running SU53 after they release a process order or ask your security team to run a trace

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

The inspection lot (03-origin) is auto created, when order is released. At that point of time, if there is a batch assigned to the order then you get the batch number in the inspection lot else not.

Please check. if this doesn't work, please let us know your business process.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

former_member218053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dipesh,

Batch has been auto created when order is released for the both process orders but batch number is not showing for one process order in QA03 another one is correctly showing.

Regards

JJ

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

refer the similar issue

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is this inspection lot is for GR inspection type 04 or for in-process inspection, inspection type 03?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member218053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,,

This issue i am facing for some particular orders only rest of them are showing bathes in QA03 while the plant and order type are same for the wrong and correct order numbers.

The inspection type is 03 - In-process insp. for production order.

Regards

JJ

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi JJ,

please make sure you are checking for inspection type 04. and check with another batch no.

regards

Solomon

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you maintained the Partial Lot Assign field in master recipe?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member218053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Yes. I have maintained the partial lot assign field in master recipe for the both. One is showing batch in QA03 another is not.

Please find the screen shot.

Regards

Jinto Joy

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

A reverse scenario was answered sometimes back by Nancy below -

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3688727

Take clues form this thread.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

As seen by Inspection lot screen shot, number range specifying the inspection lot is of type 03-In process inspection. ( Correct If I am wrong)

Batch no is going to generate in Good receipt, whereas 03 lot is generating as soon as Prod Order is created. Therefore you will not get batch no in the inspection lot of type 03. You will get batch number in 04- Goods receipt against prod order.

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

former_member218053
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone please reply ?