cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff code length issue for Switzerland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When I am trying to retransfer tariff codes to ECC for Switzerland it is picking 11 digit code where business wants only 8 digit tariff code to be transferred to ECC.

I understand this is because of configuration structure of tariff code numbers in numbering scheme we have levels upto 50 in configuration below is the example.

Level     Length     Processing Type     Text

10           2           0-Exact Length      Chapter

20           4           0 Exact Length      Heading

30           6           0 Exact Length    Subheading

40           8           0 Exact Length      Tariff Item

50           11         0 Exact Length      Statistical Code Export

Since business is requesting for 8 digit tarff code for Switzerland I am trying to change the length of tariff code in confuguation but system not allowing to change this and getting below message.

Numbering scheme ZXX_EXP cannot be changed (see long text)

Message no. /SAPSLL/CORE_LLNS105

Diagnosis

Entries in the LLNS number maintenance have already been assigned to the number scheme. This means that the structure of the number scheme can no longer be changed, since this could lead to inconsistencies.

System Response

The ability to make entries in the corresponding fields is deactivated to prevent changes to the values.

Procedure

To change the structure of a number scheme, manually delete all entries of the number scheme.

Alos I tryed to maintain tariff code with 8 digit number during reclasfication but system say not valid number system considering only 11 digit number.

Can some help me how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Sasikanth.Ch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sasikanth,

The standard functionality allows you to re-transfer Commodity Codes, not Tariff Codes.

If the Swiss Commodity Codes are really 11 digits (I have no idea about that), then you would do best to create an alternative 8-digit Numbering Scheme, referenced to the 11-digit scheme.  In that way, classifying a Product with 11 digits would automatically also classify it with 8 digits in the alternative scheme, and you could re-transfer the alternative scheme to the feeder system.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

TimOverberg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Dave, Sasikanth,

I don't think that will be enough.

If you create a 8-digit scheme referenced to the 11-digit system but don't specify the 8-digit scheme as the standard export scheme for Switzerland the Retransfer program will still try to retransfer the 11-digit scheme.This is because the Retransfer program works on legal regulation level and derives the standard export scheme from the legal regulation.

You will probably need to modify/enhance the Retransfer program and change the numbering scheme. I have no access to a system right now but there should be a form like numbering_scheme_get. Use the implicit enhancement spot at the end of this form to change the numbering scheme.

Regards,

Tim

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Yes, I had missed that point.  Thanks for the additional assistance.

Regards,

Dave

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sasikanth,

You have two different issues. I will try to address one of it.

I hope you are still testing in development system with the new numbering scheme. If yes, the reason the system is not allowing you to edit the numbering scheme is because you have assigned the tariff numbers from that scheme already to products and if those products are used on your test documents, then it stops you from editing the numbering scheme.

Here's what I would do to assess the situation further:

System Monitoring --> Technical checks-->Delete classification with new data (transaction /SAPSLL/PR_CL_DEL)

You have a simulation check through this transaction, please use it and identify how many products have got assignment with your relevant numbering scheme. You will get the relevant info to decide on your next course of action.

Please don't try it in Production System as it will create inconsistencies without testing it in development.

Hope it helps!

-Shrini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shrini,

Thanks for the reply. I have deleted the classification data using transaction /SAPSLL/PR_CL_DEL but even after deleting the entries still not able to modify the numbering scheme. any other inputs.

Regards,
Sasikanth.Ch

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sasikanth, what's the new error you have? Since you have deleted the assignments, I don't expect the system to give you the same error for changing the numbering scheme as you had originally. Is it?

Thanks,

Shrini

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sasikanth,

I trust you have deleted numbers as well from this numbering scheme.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sasikanth,

I was testing for a new numbering scheme earlier today, I ran into the issue you possibly encountered. You were not able to edit the numbering scheme even after you deleted all the classification data because it was tagged to a legal reg with a start date. Verify the table /SAPSLL/V_TLEGSU and remove the entry for the assignment. The entire line must be removed and not just the numbering scheme. Once done, you should be able to edit the numbering scheme.

Hope it helps!

-Shrini

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi GTS Gurus,

As per my experience in my previous project we use to re-transfer the Commodity Codes to ECC system from GTS (8digit Codes) as suggested by Dave.

in GTS Cockpit, while classifying the products(T-code:/SAPSLL/PR_CLWB_CUS) we use to select the Option 'Adopt Derived Numbers', which used to derive the Commodity Code Numbers from the Tariff Code and it will be transferred to ECC using re-transfer program. if you want to transfer the 8 digits of the code from the 11 digits of Tariff Code, you can try this option exist in the above mentioned transaction.

hope this might be helpful , correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli