cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we create RMA number without using NextNumber logic in SAP ME?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to create an RMA number in the SAP ME system with the same name of which i am getting it from ERP. So, Is there any standard API's are available in ME for this function instead of doing it by Next Number logic?

Regards,

Vigneshwaran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vigneshwaran,

We use the ServiceOrderCreate web-service for this purpose.

In the <Rma><RMANumber> tag you can specify your ERP RMA Number.

Best regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

The web-service(ServiceOrderCreate) which you have given is mainly for creating a new service order in the ME 6.1 system.But in my scenario i have to link the existing shop order with the ERP RMA Number instead of creating a new order.

Is there any service methods are available for this?

Regards,

Vigneshwaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vigneshwaran,

We are using the ServiceOrderCreate when transferring the shop order from ERP, since we already at that time know the ERP RMA Number and what Shop Order Number it will have. The ServiceOrderCreate, then creates both the Shop Order and the RMA Number in ME and does all the linking.

In SAP ME RMA handling, you need to have both a shop order (Type=RMA) and a service order for the RMA number.

If you just want to have an informational link for your shop order to the RMA Number in ERP, you could try using a Shop Order custom data field for this.

Best regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Johan.

So, Do you think that there is no other standard web-service method to make an informational link for the existing order to the ERP RMA Number instead of handling it by Custom Fields?

Regards,

Vigneshwaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no other standard way in SAP ME than to have both the shop order and the linked RMA Number.

What you also could try, if you have not already done so, is to use the CreateServiceOrder and give the shop order number that you already have.

Best regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Johan.

Regards,

Vigneshwaran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vigneshwaran

It's always best to state the SAP ME version you are using, as the available PAPIs vary a lot between releases.

Stuart