cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable/delete value in configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

i need to de-active some value in configuration , what is the better way?

I try to cancel value from characteristic but i have a error message or warning message of possibility inconsistency creation, because this value is already used in other configurations.

For example :

Today :

FG -> Class A

char 1   a,b,c value allowed.

Tomorrow :

FG -> Class A

char 1   a, value allowed.

I would like to know the better way to handle this situation?

I have to used only ECN for do this?

Is possible to hide - deactive value ?

Thanks al lot

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniele Pistilli,

You can use ECM to change values and take out with effectivity date.

My suggestion is use a precondition and hide the value so that there will not be any inconsistence for existing effective configuration in open documents. Use ECM for making this change.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh,

me too think to use the method.

I will try to hide the value with pre-condiction or with characteristic refered to structures to hide value.

ECM is very strong to use in configuration because i have try to change with it but after the first modification ths system ask the ECM everytime to change a class or charateristic and not only you would like use .

Is there any way to use ECM not always in the class or characteristic? is a behavior setting by customizing?

Thanks a lot

Daniele

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniele Pistilli,

ECM can be optional unless its used, so configuration can control and give you option to do changes without entering ECM but once you used it for first change after that you need to always use for that specific transaction element.

But you can still use precondition without ECM and hide the value you want and it will work fine.

Lets know if you find any other work around.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (0)