cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order problem with quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following problem - for some sales orders when a final confirmation of PO has been made the quantity of the sales order is changed with the quantity of the last confirmation of the PO. For example if the sales order is for 1000 m.  and I confirm the PO for 1002 m. , then the quantity of the sales order automaticaly is changed to 1002 m. What may be the reason of this to happen?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the Business Process a Third party scenario?  Why you want quantity update to happen in sale order ?  If it is a Third Party process, then have a look at the following notes:-

• Note 1361281 - Third-party: quantity not changed after update from PO
  • Note 1391864 - Third-party: Sales order not updated from purchase order

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want quantity to be updated in sales order and I'm wondering how is this happening!

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

It is standard behavior.

Please check following two notes.

549583 - FAQ: Order confirmation status of third-party and individual purchase order -> Q4

550192 - FAQ: Changing third-party items and individual purchase order items -> Q3

(Confirming more quantity in PO is just like decrease the order quantity in SO. That's why I ask you to check Q3.)

The PO updates the SO with function module: SD_PURCHASE_CHANGE_ORDER.

If you don't want the PO to update SO, you may consider modifying the standard system.

Also, you may prefer the system updating the SO confirmed quantity with the GR quantity, instead of PO confirmed quantity. In this case, please check below two notes.

149421 - Individual purchase order: No SD update by goods receipt

650247 - Delivery group date not brought forward for third-party/individual purchase order

hope it helps.

At last, I would like to ask a question.

Why do you change the PO quantity to a higher value? What is the business purpose?

Best regards,

Hualin