cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field not getting summarized...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have few fields in my report out of which if i right click on one field it dosen't show me an option to insert Summary.

What could be the reason?

Thanks

Neeshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neeshi,

Do you have any Local, Global or Shared variable in that formula?

If so then I am afraid you will not be allowed to insert the summary for those variable.

In that case you will have to create the summary manually like below shown as example in the detail section.

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar yourVariable;

NumberVar SummaryVariable;

SummaryVariable:=SummaryVariable+yourVariable;

yourVariable;

and then on the Group where you want to display the summary just write this formula;

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar SummaryVariable;

Make sure you reset the variable after displaying it into a sub section below where you displayed that.

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar SummaryVariable:=0;

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Niraj

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Summaries are allowed to be inserted off of formulas that have variables declared as Local or Global.

Formulas marked as 'WhilePrintingRecords' however, cannot be used to insert summaries irrespective of what the scope of the variables are.

-Abhilash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, summaries are not allowed on the various types of BLOB fields, including SQL Server Text fields, Oracle CLOB fields, etc.

-Dell

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeshi,

Is this a formula field that you're trying to insert a summary on?

You can't insert a summary on formula fields that use print-time functions or have summary functions inside them.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Every one for your assistance. I am not sure of that much technical depth but seems like Niraj's solution solved my issue.

I have couple of more questions in Crystal and Webi. Do I have to open separate discussions or will this work?

Thanks

Neeshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neeshi,

Glad I was able to help. Yes you need to open separate thread for different question and for WEBI you need to post questions on space.