cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE80 and CTRL+Arrow Keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I really like the Business Client 6.0, escpecially the Tabs for the Systems. But there is something, that really bothers me. If I'm working in SE80, I normally can jump from one Word to another, by pressing CTRL+ARROWKEY (left/right). This is an function which is standard in nearly every editable Window I know (even here in WebBrowser). But in BC this Shortcut is used to rearange the Tab Orders...can this be changed somewhere or do I have to open a Note?

Best regards

Bastian Stritt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian, Aministrators can change keyboard shortcuts using the admin configuration XML file to clearly distinguish them from custom ABAP transaction shortcuts. Have a look into your config file -> see Set-Up-Document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90feb2c9-a179-3310-1fbf-89dc5a2b4... -> %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\SAP\NWBC You'll find a list with valid shortcuts inside the .xml. You'll also find the list within the client using Ctrl+Als+K or Menue ->help->keybord shortcuts. <!-- You can change key plus modifier keys combination for defined shortcut commands. Do not change ID.

Deleting the command will not couse any effect. You have to overwright the modifier keys in your config file. Setup ducument http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90feb2c9-a179-3310-1fbf-89dc5a2b4...

And Yes, it is also possible in BC 6.0 as you can see in your NWBCOption xml file:

<!--

This document can be used by an administrator as a template to predefine configuration settings for end users, valid for SAP Business Client 6.0 and starting with PL1.

As administrator, you can do the following:

1 Define default values that influence the behavior of SAP Business Client at runtime

2 Define default values for configuration settings that can be changed by the user in settings dialog boxes.

For example, you can set the "Entry Page" value to "First work center page":

<EntryPage>FirstWorkcenterPage</EntryPa

If you do not specify Final="true", the values are default values that the end user can change.

3 Prevent the user from changing values in the configuration dialog boxes by specifying the attribute Final="true".

For example, when specifying

<EntryPage Final="true">FirstWorkcenterPage</EntryPage>

the entry page will be set to the first work center page but the user will not see the "Entry Page" setting in the "Personalize" dialog box.

4 Prevent the user from creating new entries in connection dialog boxes (System Selection, Search Providers)         

-->

Regards, Sandra

Message was edited by: Sandra Thimme Yes also valid and working for BC 6.0. See changes above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

thank you for the Infos. But I have a single client installation for testing purposes. Maybe I will try it, but for me, as a developer, it is a no-go that a newly created Client Software overwrite system wide standards. The STRG+Arrow Key works on every Editable Box in every OS I have tried in the last years, but not in BC...thats a fault, IMHO, and I think that it should be solved by SAP...

Bastian Stritt

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Sebastian, it is already solved by SAP! BC is not explicitly made for developers. But as a developer it will be very easy for you to just overwright the modifier keys. Configuration with NwbcOptions.xml To predefine settings for all end-users, you have to adapt the XML template ( *xml.template) under the following path and save it as an XML file ( *.xml): C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml.template for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 C:\ProgramData\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml.template for all other operating systems........ https://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/4c/5bdad097817511e10000000a42189b/content.htm Regards, Sandra

vwegert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good luck - I asked the same question mid-March here and didn't get an answer so far...

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Volker, I have just answered your post on the other thread: The nwbcoptions.xml file should work the same way for any supported version of SAP BC - 5.0 or 6.0. There are 2 "nwbcoptions.xml" files, 1 user, 1 admin. Both clients evaluate the same file in the same way.

Best wishes Julie.

Former Member
0 Kudos